The n00b to end all wars!

Started by MetalDog, September 06, 2014, 05:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

I also lost the fort at Loetzen to the southeastern Russian Army in Prussia.

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

MetalDog

The English and Japanese reaffirm they Alliance the signed in 1902.  I expect the Japs will start attacking my Pacific holdings.

MetalDog

Some good news, finally!  Paul von Hindenburg has arrived in Prussia to take command.  GHQ is formed and now the Russkies are in trouble!!

panzerde

Very nice MD! I've been sitting on this one while I play other stuff. Nice to see how it plays.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

BanzaiCat

Very cool work, MD!

I got a key for the game for my silly haiku in the Contest Thread. I installed it earlier but didn't look at the page. After reading this I thought I'd better check out the manual before even attempting to play it...and holy crap, 168 pages? Whew...can't wait to spend some time with this title though it'll be a while before I get to it.

Looking forward to meanwhile living vicariously through your efforts here, MD.  O0

MetalDog

Gentlemen, very kind words.  Hope I can live up to them and welcome aboard.

@B_C: I read the entire PDF through, once.  I have referred back to it a couple of times and am still fuzzy on a few concepts.  I'll keep going to back to it.  It appears not to be written by a native English speaker.  Not a problem, but an odd turn of phrase or slightly different emphasis makes me focus more to get what they are saying.

Martok

Just wanted to add my voice to those expressing their enjoyment of your AAR, MD.  This is some good reading.  O0 

Quote from: MetalDog on September 14, 2014, 05:04:40 PM
Some good news, finally!  Paul von Hindenburg has arrived in Prussia to take command.  GHQ is formed and now the Russkies are in trouble!!
Paul has good stats, I take it? 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

W8taminute

Good stuff MD.  Don't let the Austrian defeats get you down on the Eastern Front.  In that last battle you were heavily outnumbered and even though you lost the battle you killed more of his men then he did of yours.  Spend some cash recruiting more Austrian infantry for the next few turns so that you can shore up your defenses whilst trying to knock out Serbia.  Get some more German infantry as well to continue putting pressure on the Russians. 

You have an excellent opportunity to use Hindenburg to crush Rennenkampf's and Samsonov's armies in Prussia.  Check your special events there is one for doing some nasty cohesion damage to Russian forces on Prussian soil.  Use the rail system to shuttle Hindenburg between crushing Rennenkampf then Samsonov's armies and that should buy you some breathing room.  I messed this totally up in my game and I'm in early 1915 dealing with the Russian menace who has captured Königsberg from me, a key Prussian port and fortress.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JasonPratt

...lust for this game... increasing...  :D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

MetalDog

I have the next turn played, but not posted.  Will try to get it out today.  And thanks for the encouragement gentlemen.

MetalDog

Ok.  Photobucket was having a spasm Sunday when I tried to post these originally.  Here we go.

Belgium is certainly a bright spot.  I am going through them like a hot knife through cheese.  Antwerp will be mine shortly.

MetalDog

Hindenburg's first battle in Prussia is at Gumbinnen.  I am outnumbered, but our forces are fairly even in power.  I see Rennenkampf is deploying a strong center deployment.  I choose to envelop his flank.

MetalDog

A victory, but I lost more men than him and I was behind 30,000 BEFORE the battle!

MetalDog

Rennenkampf counterattacks and we are defeated.  The way to Koenigsburg lays open.

MetalDog

The news is much better in the West.  A slow advance is occurring along the front with France.  I can't allow my gains in Belgium to get too far ahead.  Otherwise, the French can counterattack and push me against the Netherlands.