Squad Battles : Falklands problem

Started by JudgeDredd, September 30, 2014, 04:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

RyanE

DRM would be the least of the problems...

TacticalWargames

Quote from: Nefaro on October 03, 2014, 08:44:40 AM
Quote from: TacticalWargames on October 03, 2014, 12:29:07 AM
HPS and Tiller went their separate ways as Scot didn't agree with the new DRM scheme.


The ones that are DRM-free get my business.  O0  Whomever stuck that out also gets my thanks.

Well it's still being worked on after all these years. TU is worked on everyday, just such a complex game\code things can take along time to sort etc..alot of it has been rewritten over the last year or so to make it easier to deal with. Honestly you wouldn't believe the amount of work and testing goes on with TU. I just deleted 15 pages of emails that I had sent to Scot from the last year and a half. I wish I code help with the code to speed things up instead of constantly adding to his load.

RyanE

I know this is about Squad Battles, but I have to say something here.

POA2 is one the biggest game programming disasters I have ever seen first hand.  It took at least five years to get it working anywhere near right and then 2.5 came out and completely borked the whole thing again.  Is that two/three years ago...maybe loner  And its only barely playable now.

I have no doubt someone somewhere is working hard on it.  But come on...how can anyone come on here and sing praises.  If this was EA or Paradox, there would discussions of prosecutions and mob rule.  But because its HPS and a small outfit, they get a pass.

I like POA2 and its concept, but it was too much for a one man shop and someone should have told the emperor he had no clothes.

Nefaro

#18
Quote from: TacticalWargames on October 04, 2014, 07:40:39 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on October 03, 2014, 08:44:40 AM
Quote from: TacticalWargames on October 03, 2014, 12:29:07 AM
HPS and Tiller went their separate ways as Scot didn't agree with the new DRM scheme.


The ones that are DRM-free get my business.  O0  Whomever stuck that out also gets my thanks.

Well it's still being worked on after all these years. TU is worked on everyday, just such a complex game\code things can take along time to sort etc..alot of it has been rewritten over the last year or so to make it easier to deal with. Honestly you wouldn't believe the amount of work and testing goes on with TU. I just deleted 15 pages of emails that I had sent to Scot from the last year and a half. I wish I code help with the code to speed things up instead of constantly adding to his load.


I dunno what's up with some of those other oddball games but the Squad Battles, Modern Campaigns, and Ancient Warfare series is what I've played.  And I get those from the HPS site because they don't have DRM and took out the disk checks on the old stuff.

So they get my money first, every time.  O0 

I place a lot of value on low hassle and doubt, and appreciate that they have similar values.

RyanE

I agree on Squad Battles...I have bought every game SB game from HPS.  Haven't bought one since Tiller put his weird DRM on the new ones.