Started by bayonetbrant, October 13, 2014, 10:30:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

avrotim

currently working on: Crowbar, Thunder in the East, Attack of the 50 Ft Colossi
Currently building: nothing

bayonetbrant

click to enlarge

they're using CoH boards for terrain
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

Russians and Chinese and Germans and Yanks.... oh my....  ???

avrotim

Here is a little update on what VPG has me working on:

"High Treason: The Trial of Louis Riel" will be a card game where you are trying to win the most famous court case in the history of Canada.  You use cards to place and move chits that determine how the jury will eventually vote.  If it does well Alan is hoping to start a whole series of games on famous court cases.  Not sure of a release date but Alan is pushing hard on this one.  I have some test images worked up and the game is in playtesting.  I will post the grahpics here.

"Battle for Moscow II" is a variation of Frank Chadwicks old Battle for Moscow game, with more chrome added.  It will also serve as a introductory game to Franks new monster WWII game project which will cover the entire ETO.  That particular monster I suspect is years away from publication, but may get a boost if this little game does well.  I have not even started on the graphics for it so I have nothing to show you yet, but Alan wants it ready for Comsimworld Expo 2016 in June.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 24, 2016, 10:00:03 PM
click to enlarge

they're using CoH boards for terrain

Quote from: Barthheart on March 24, 2016, 10:17:26 PM
Russians and Chinese and Germans and Yanks.... oh my....  ???

WoT: the Boardgame?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

avrotim

avrotim

Battle for Moscow II is based on the old GDW game Battle for Moscow. This was originally meant to be a intro level game when it was first published in the 80s. Since that time both VPG and GMT have published versions of it. Now, it will be used as an intro to a new series of games Frank Chadwick is designing for VPG that will cover (eventually) the entire 2nd World War in Europe. Its almost a completely new game with tons of awesome sauce added.

avrotim

work work work...

The past couple of weeks I have been hard at work on the graphics for the next game in the Invaders from Dimension X series.  This one will be called "Space Vermin from Beyond!"

So far I have completed the front cover art, the two sides to the map, and the front of the counters.  I sill have to make up the counter backs and the back of the cover.  This game will be published via Tiny Battles.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Ubercat

Is somebody doing an update and re-release of Albion: Land of Faerie??  :o
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

bayonetbrant

Ubercat

They seem to have borrowed some of the symbology, names, and style of that old Aries magazine game. No complaints here! I'd love to know what it is whenever it's OK to spill the beans.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys