Main Menu

Gaming Sick

Started by Bison, April 19, 2012, 04:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bison

Anyone have a "comfort food" game or genre that you like to play while sick? 

I've got a hellacious head cold and cannot sleep any more.  I put in a solid 16 hours straight.    Right now I'm just struggling on deciding which game to play.  Something that doesn't take a ton of concentration or twich reflexes.

I'm sure I'll come up with something.  Most likely something like CIV V.  Turn based and not a ton of number crunching.  Something that will allow me to nap or space out and not forget what I was doing.  Or perhaps NWN 2 or Dragonage.  Slow paced RPG goodness.

LongBlade

I used to play Steel Panthers.

Maybe give Naval War a go?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Staggerwing

Sign up for netflix and watch comfort food TV shows on your PC instead. If you have a Wii, PS3, or xBox you can watch on that as well. A couple of cheesy SyFy movies might do the trickl. Or, watch a few episodes of A-team or lost in space. Netflix also has more military docs than you can shake a Falchion or Ballista at.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

son_of_montfort

When I'm sick I go for something lighter - typically Minecraft or something like that. Sometimes I hit an action RPG. I certainly DON'T play heavy hitters or stats-heavy games.

Although I do tend to go for Dwarf Fortress, which isn't exactly "light."
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Hartford688

#4
I would agree with your Dragon Age: Origins suggestion. No big rush playing it.

Steam and Iron or WC:NAW as well.

Hartford688


Silent Disapproval Robot

I just downloaded the demo for Sniper Elite v2 on Steam and I'm having a blast.  Give it a whirl if you like slow motion scenes of your bullets flying through the air and then tumbling through viscera.  (Love the slo-mo internal organ damage cam!)

Windigo

Quote from: Bison on April 19, 2012, 04:58:22 PM
Anyone have a "comfort food" game or genre that you like to play while sick? 

I've got a hellacious head cold and cannot sleep any more.  I put in a solid 16 hours straight.    Right now I'm just struggling on deciding which game to play.  Something that doesn't take a ton of concentration or twich reflexes.

I'm sure I'll come up with something.  Most likely something like CIV V.  Turn based and not a ton of number crunching.  Something that will allow me to nap or space out and not forget what I was doing.  Or perhaps NWN 2 or Dragonage.  Slow paced RPG goodness.



World of Tanks - go arty
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Gusington

The Diablo games are good at taking my mind off general misery. Vessel is good at that too.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Slick Wilhelm

The Drift, 1879. Not too intellectual, but wargaming at its finest.

http://www.jlssg.com/the_drift.html

TheCommandTent

Civ 5 but if I'm feeling to bad I usually watch TV online or get lost watching Youtube LP videos.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Bison

#11
Well I went in and out of several games, but it was all a no go.  I've been watching the Stanley Cup playoffs instead.  I've got Shogun 2 reloading now, which should be done installing sometime this year.  I most likely mess around with that later on.

Gusington

^I have to think a lot when playing TW. But that's just me.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Yeah.  It's pretty slow paced though I find.  Even the battles, which I tend to play in super slomo.

Gusington

Hmm...well you do get to think a lot before you make your moves, both in the campaign and tactical parts. But I suck more than usual when sick. Try out Vessel dude.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd