GOG to start selling LucasArts games

Started by Huw the Poo, October 28, 2014, 02:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JasonPratt

In my defense:

1.) I slept since our discussion yesterday.

2.) The email alert only arrived this morning and was dated for today.

3.) I have no defense.  :-[
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

DoctorQuest

Anyone else having problems getting a resolution change to take in X-Wing Alliance? I change it from 800x600 to anything and it does not seem to want to stick. I'm pretty sure I'm using valid resolutions for my vid card and monitor.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

endfire79

Quote from: DoctorQuest on January 21, 2015, 04:05:13 PM
Anyone else having problems getting a resolution change to take in X-Wing Alliance? I change it from 800x600 to anything and it does not seem to want to stick. I'm pretty sure I'm using valid resolutions for my vid card and monitor.

I think you might have display issues with this game.  There have been some workarounds online for it, but I haven't tried or played this game in a long time.

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_X-Wing_Alliance#Video_settings

http://www.wsgf.org/dr/star-wars-x-wing-alliance
"I will return before you can say 'antidisestablishmentarianism'."

"A man may fight for many things. His country, his principles, his friends. The glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French porn."

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 21, 2015, 03:59:10 PM
In my defense:

1.) I slept since our discussion yesterday.

2.) The email alert only arrived this morning and was dated for today.

3.) I have no defense.  :-[

Its ok. Just don't post Thursday's list on Friday!  :2funny:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18



Gusington

Is this a real reason to rejoice or can we not really go home again because the games are just too dated?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Quote from: Gusington on January 22, 2015, 09:16:34 AM
Is this a real reason to rejoice or can we not really go home again because the games are just too dated?

STAR WARS™ Empire at War isn't that old.

Star Wars Rebellion will be a welcome addition to my netbooks collection of games... O0

tgb

There aren't a whole lot of games like Rebellion -character driven, licensed 4X.  BotF comes closest, I suppose, with the different races substituting for characters, but it still isn't the same.

JasonPratt

I'm going to say this is a real reason to rejoice, because even if (some of) the games are just too dated, it's a sign Lucasgames intends to start back up making games again.

In other words, expect a modern X-wing and/or Tie game to be earning all the money sometime in the next few years. Maybe even modern upgrades or sequels to their adventure games or flight sims. MAYBE EVEN A MODERN PC VERSION OF GLADIUS!  :D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

BanzaiCat

I'm tempted to get Rebellion. But I remember when I played through it before, as the Empire. It took me dozens of hours to finish the one game and when I was done I felt spent like Star after a weekend with a Miami Beach GILF. It requires a huge investment of time and while I found it rewarding at the time, I'm not sure I'd get the same amount of enjoyment now out of it. Hell, the last time I played it I didn't have kids, so I had nothing BUT time on my hands back then. Now, I've got a ton of Steam games I won't ever play.

(sigh) who the hell am I kidding, I'm sure I'll be getting it.

Nefaro

After seeing Star Wars Rebellion finally showed up on GOG, I insta-purchased.  O0

The 3D fleet battles never looked very good, but it's strength has always been in the unique grand strategy part.  :)

PAK

Didn't know there were so many add-ons for the SWOTL, wonder if GOG would be able to publish them all (hopefully in one package)

JasonPratt

If you mean that screenshot upthread, those aren't add ons. SWOTL was an upgrade and repurposing of the engine from "Their Finest Hour" (sort of like "Bombing the Third Reich" from "Eagle Day"). I can't recall where the Pacific game came in that sequence, but it was also a standalone version of the engine.

If you mean something else, apparently I've slept since then. ;) (Swotl has add-ons? Why did I not remember that? Or ever get them?!)

If you're satirizing the modern propensity for add-ons compared to how things went back then...  >:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tpek

Quote from: Nefaro on January 22, 2015, 10:30:42 AM
After seeing Star Wars Rebellion finally showed up on GOG, I insta-purchased.  O0

The 3D fleet battles never looked very good, but it's strength has always been in the unique grand strategy part.  :)

FTW!
I remember how I loved this game back in the day.

Though I'm saddened to see how much the game has aged since its release. :(

bbmike

Quote from: Tpek on January 22, 2015, 11:30:17 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on January 22, 2015, 10:30:42 AM
After seeing Star Wars Rebellion finally showed up on GOG, I insta-purchased.  O0

The 3D fleet battles never looked very good, but it's strength has always been in the unique grand strategy part.  :)

FTW!
I remember how I loved this game back in the day.

Though I'm saddened to see how much the game has aged since its release. :(

I guess I'm old but I don't think it looks that bad.  :D
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak