Best mods for Combat Mission

Started by JudgeDredd, November 02, 2014, 06:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

panzerde

The Z folder approach will work; it's the way things used to be done and is still supported. It's easier to just use the Mods folder, though.

The snow mod will show snow whenever you have it enabled, I believe. The game doesn't actually understand the calendar, I don't think.

I poked around a bit but couldn't find the .bmp files myself. I've never had a cause to replace them or to use JSGME with CM, since the Mods and Z folders do essentially the same thing.


"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

-budd-

Thanks, i got it figured out, i think. I gave up on the JSME thing, the mod folder is easy enough.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

panzerde

Also, while there's no explicit LOS tool, just hit (T)arget and you can check LOS from any unit to any place.The color of the line indicates if you have LOS and where the terrain starts to block it. What you can't do is trace LOS from and arbitrary position on the map to something else. You have to actually be in a position to trace LOS from it.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Yskonyn

Quote from: panzerde on February 20, 2016, 03:04:28 PM
You have to actually be in a position to trace LOS from it.

That's not the case.
When plotting a route you can check LOS from each and every waypoint; select the white triangle or dot of the waypoint and use the Target command to check LOS.
Even though the line originates from the unit and not the waypoint, the check is calculated from the waypoint.
With ability to pick up and drag waypoints it is now much more easy to check LOS on different spots than it used to be.

LOS is not neccessarily LOF though. If the spotter and the shooter have different positions or heights you might be able to do the former but not the latter and vice versa. Keep that in mind.

Also, if a target line shows grey it means not all members in the selected unit have a LOF.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

panzerde

Yes, you're completely correct about the waypoints and that LOS is not always LOF, I over-simplified.
O0
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Yskonyn

As for mods:

Waclaw's HQS soundmod
JuJu's UI, Floating Icons and his texture work on walls, bridges and what not.
Vein's Special effects and Tracers.
Aris' Vehicles
Rambler's Weapon skins and trees and Bocage .
Vein's uniforms.
Tanks-a-Lot's buildings.

To name my favorites.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."