Why Aquaman Rocks

Started by LongBlade, November 14, 2014, 09:16:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

Quote from: Smuckatelli on November 16, 2014, 07:06:47 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 16, 2014, 06:37:07 PM
Now, now...remember, there's worse than Aquaman.

For example...Aqualad.

That begs the question; how can there be an Aqualad when Aquaman has never been with a woman?

Also, has anyone noticed that this website's spell check doesn't recognize 'Aquaman'?

Even the website knows Aquaman is incorrect.

Now you guys are just being obtuse.

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

BanzaiCat

^ A tranny. The only logical explanation.

LongBlade

Actually, Mera is very much a woman and quite the hottie.

You guys are really starting to show some ignorance on this topic. If I didn't know you guys better, I'd say you're being deliberately contrary.  ^-^

BanzaiCat

JasonPratt

In this case the intentional intransigence is also rather tasteless: Aquaman was the first DC superhero to marry, have a son, and then have his baby son killed by a supervillain. And that was back in the 70s.

It was later retconned (though still in an insanely tragic way, though in an insanely tragic way that did allow everyone to get better later), and Jr. took over as Aquaman for a while before being killed again (if I recall correctly -- I had stopped reading around that time, as Peter David had just left the series and I didn't care for the stunt of having Jr take over so "Aquaman" could have both hands again and look "like he used to", and the writing tanked back to mediocre.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

BanzaiCat

Iron Man lost me in a similar manner, when young Tony from another dimension took over - I just thought WTF and gave up on it.

Hot lead and dirty talk!

Quote from: JasonPratt on November 17, 2014, 08:22:09 AM
In this case the intentional intransigence is also rather tasteless: Aquaman was the first DC superhero to marry, have a son, and then have his baby son killed by a supervillain. And that was back in the 70s.

Bruce Jenner was also married and had kids!
Jesus saves! But Gretzky scores on the rebound!

Arctic Blast

Mera is just a beard. The truth is a bit different.

GDS_Starfury

and a pulled boner surprises anyone considering LB's Aveeno addiction?
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

bayonetbrant

A Timeline Of Upcoming Superhero Movies

QuoteAquaman (July 2018): In the first movie of the franchise, Aquaman watches helplessly from the Atlantic Ocean as extraterrestrials attack Nebraska.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

This is about the coolest Aquaman has ever been:

LongBlade

BanzaiCat

If you're into wimmin parts reeking of fish, sure, I guess that would be hot to you.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade