Laugh and Game IT'S FRIDAY

Started by Bison, November 21, 2014, 03:21:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bison

And now I'm happy and depressed at the same time.  Thanks Geek!

Wolfe1759

#46
Geek - first time I've seen the Sainsbury's ad, sure beats the John Lewis penguins, also very nice to see it was done in conjunction with The Royal British Legion.

P.S. good luck with either resolving your current situation or finding a new job
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

RedArgo

Quote from: -budd- on November 21, 2014, 05:27:47 PM
Quote from: RedArgo on November 21, 2014, 05:02:41 PM
One of my boys is grounded from the computer, so we may play some Sails of Glory together.  I've also been playing Banished since it was on sale a couple weeks ago, fun game, but it is weird not having an end goal that I'm aware of.  I also may pick up Horizon while it is on sale.

Happy gaming.

Banished is kinda relaxing though ain't it. What's your pop up to, i've put it down for now i'm up to 60 pop.

It is nice and relaxing, although I haven't had any disasters yet either.  I think I'm around 50 now.  The last two seasons haven't brought in good harvests though from my pumpkins, squash, and nuts, not sure why?  Fishing and gathering stuff from the forest have kept my food in the black.


Toonces

I'm definitely going to be playing some CK2.  Gonna start a new game, maybe in the middle east during the Crusades and see what that's all about.

I will not rule out Fallout 3 and Morrowind either.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Nefaro

Quote from: Toonces on November 21, 2014, 08:00:55 PM
I'm definitely going to be playing some CK2.  Gonna start a new game, maybe in the middle east during the Crusades and see what that's all about.


It can also be fun actually role-playing your CK2 alter ego.  Such as always choosing the obvious religious zealot choice during events, even when they are not the most beneficial.  Or choosing the opposite.  Such decisions can trigger chances for other specific events happening, related to your choices.  It can make the narrative more interesting and take you off the beaten track.

Kushan

Quote from: Kushan on November 21, 2014, 08:57:44 AM
Still in the process of (re)downloading Skyrim mods using Mod Organizer. Never realized just how many mods I have until now.

Are you trying out the S.T.E.P.S system? I was thinking about doing that and got distracted with various birthday games for a while.
[/quote]

Nope. I more or less use the same core mods for all my characters. The only thing that really changes are armor and weapon mods, and the in game mod settings.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

BigBlueFleet

Quote from: Anguille on November 21, 2014, 03:28:37 AM


Also some Omerta: the japanese incentive and probably a little of Storm over the Pacific.

How does this game play with the DLCs if you don't mind?    I had high expectations but the reviews on Omerta scared me away.

Thanks!!

Toonces

I started the 1066 campaign as York.  I didn't realize this immediately starts with me being besieged by William the Conqueror!

Things seem to have settled down somewhat, William is my liege, and I've crushed my first plotter and retaken his kingdom.  Further, I'm married into Harold IV's kingdom of Norway.  And, I have a male heir.  So, life doesn't exactly suck right this moment.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Bison

A couple of hours of Dungeon of the Endless later and all I know is that I really need to work on my tower defense skillz.  Excellent little game.

Shelldrake

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 21, 2014, 12:08:56 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 21, 2014, 09:54:49 AM
I also thought MD was a.doctor. Still not clear if ucg's situation was just for yesterday or if it was in fact, for good. With the scanning of job websites comment it sounds like the latter. So sorry to hear that, ucg.

thanks guys

i shall be summoned after an 'internal investigation' which i think means speaking to the company solicitor and deciding if it was gross misconduct, i imagine thats early next week, at which point if its bad news i drive to work, hand in the car, and try and catch a train home - theres a shit load of christmas jobs thatll get me thru to january/feb then i dunno - its hardcore stress but i feel somehow its a good thing, ive been in charge of 100s of staff in the middle of african countries, in charge of exhibitions with 50k visitors, it would be nice to try and find 2 stress free jobs, and run them together and take home the same money with nothing to worry about but whats for tea

either way its the kick in the ass i needed to get a new job, im getting too old flying around the frikking world installing networks

Sorry to hear of your job troubles geek. As you say, it may be a blessing in disguise since your current job sounds incredibly stressful and probably not something you want to still be doing when you hit your 50s. Good luck!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

GDS_Starfury

I think UCG should just say fuck it and move in with Bawb.

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


JasonPratt

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 21, 2014, 05:51:20 PM
saw this tonight, not for the first time but realised our foreign brothers may have not - too much beer, cried like a baby

There's a good movie about a similar incident during Christmas at the Battle of the Bugle a generation later. Came out in the early 90s while I was in college. I seem to recall the name being "Upon the Midnight Clear"... Well, close; Amazon says A Midnight Clear.

A modern film of the '14 unofficial Christmas truce, too, Joyeux Noel.


If only enough people up and down the line had said, "Wait, we all celebrate Christmas, we love soccer etc., let's stay here together in No Man's Land instead of going back to the trenches. We know Jesus wouldn't want us killing each other!"

How different the history of Europe and even the whole world might have been.  :'(


(I've picked up a head cold last night so I'm feeling rather weepy myself right now.  :P But it's true, too.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Nefaro

#57
Quote from: JasonPratt on November 22, 2014, 09:00:29 AM


There's a good movie about a similar incident during Christmas at the Battle of the Bugle a generation later. Came out in the early 90s while I was in college. I seem to recall the name being "Upon the Midnight Clear"... Well, close; Amazon says A Midnight Clear.


That was a great movie, but I'm pretty sure it was mostly fictional.



Just finished building a nephew's Xmas gift computer.  Took an hour and a half, partly due to not gathering all the parts together beforehand.  Had to play fetch here & there.  Still.. wasn't a problem.  The case didn't even demand a blood sacrifice like they usually do when I'm installing or removing a motherboard in them.  Nearly always slice myself to some extent. 

So I'm gonna play "screw around on forums" while waiting on Windows to finish installing.  Not sure afterward.  Got so many options, my decision maker is overwhelmed!

Nefaro

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 22, 2014, 08:18:37 AM
I think UCG should just say fuck it and move in with Bawb.



Who knows how that might turn out?   :o

--->>>







(Thoroughly enjoyed that movie.  Your Trainspotting pic with Robert Carlyle, likewise playing a psycho, reminded me of it.)

undercovergeek

lmao - i have a clever ploy up my sleeve if the dates work out so i may not need to bother Bawb and the pans