Main Menu

Matrix Holiday Sale

Started by Rayfer, November 25, 2014, 10:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Asid

Quote from: Sir Slash on November 25, 2014, 01:56:18 PM
OK. Case Blue for $20. Good deal or no. Who's played it? Who liked it, who didn't? Is it too much monster to handle?

Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue . I enjoyed it and found the monster not as scary as say WITPAE. Interesting use of cards also. I did not regret the purchase.

Regards
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Asid

Quote from: Gusington on November 25, 2014, 02:01:38 PM
I've been holding off on Revolution Under Siege for a long time...

Very enjoyable and worth the money, especially at this price.

Regards
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Asid

Quote from: airboy on November 25, 2014, 12:55:16 PM
Alea Jacta Est looks to be the only thing I'm going to pick up.  If Jim Cobb and Bobbit both say it is wonderful, it has got to be good.  I also don't have any strategic wargames from the Ancient Rome period.

I found it enjoyable and worth the money.

Have you tried Hannibal: Rome and Carthage in the Second Punic War? This is also on sale and an excellent game.

Regards
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

sandman2575

Quote from: Sir Slash on November 25, 2014, 01:56:18 PM
OK. Case Blue for $20. Good deal or no. Who's played it? Who liked it, who didn't? Is it too much monster to handle?

Slash, if you liked DC Blitzkrieg Waraw to Paris, DC Case Blue is a no brainer. If anything, it's better -- and the game engine is much improved from the original, making turn processing times much shorter.

I've been spending more time with WITE lately, after being pretty hugely disappointed with it when it first came out. My negative opinion of WITE has softened somewhat, but I'd still take DC Case Blue over WITE any day of the week, if forced to choose.

Make no mistake. Case Blue is a Big game, despite not covering the entire war a la WITE.  So, it's a game to savor, not likely a game you can finish up in a couple of nights.

I can't recommend it highly enough. Superb game.

magnus

 For some reason Case Blue for me is much more manageable than WITE.

I don't know why. The amount of counters in WITE is probably less at times then CB.

It just works as a game. It has never felt like work to me to make a turn.

Coming from a boardgame background CB is one of the best games I have played, which is way too many.

jomni

Lol! Look at world in flames compared to my purchase price.

Gusington

Should I bother to get the RUS boxed version? I have this and the WOFF expansion teed up.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Con

Too bad I was hoping for a Christmas sale on Distant Worlds

Con

Grim.Reaper

Nothing of any great interest for me that I don't already own.....looks like I should have waited until this year for world in flames, although not sure even worth the sale price.

bbmike

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 25, 2014, 06:37:23 PM
Nothing of any great interest for me that I don't already own.....looks like I should have waited until this year for world in flames, although not sure even worth the sale price.

Why? Details, details! I'm close to spending some bucks here!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: bbmike on November 25, 2014, 06:48:14 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 25, 2014, 06:37:23 PM
Nothing of any great interest for me that I don't already own.....looks like I should have waited until this year for world in flames, although not sure even worth the sale price.

Why? Details, details! I'm close to spending some bucks here!

It might be just me, but the last year has been a constant stream of a patches and still seemed like going strong.  Just don't trust starting a monster game only to discover some bug later in the game.  Maybe I am just tainted since I expected to play this last year and spent decent amount on it.  I do like the books and that was part of the attraction.  Maybe if your starting now with a lot of fixes done it would be a different experience.

Just my two cents..,

bbmike

Hmm, do the patches break saves then? I envisioned playing an on-going solitaire game that would last for who knows how long.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: bbmike on November 25, 2014, 07:11:14 PM
Hmm, do the patches break saves then? I envisioned playing an on-going solitaire game that would last for who knows how long.

Not entirely sure....the list of fixes per patch has been lengthy....so even if it doesn't break a save I wonder if still impacts gameplay because of so many changes being done.  Simply don't know.

spelk

Quote from: OJsDad on November 25, 2014, 12:50:56 PM
Also, what's peoples opinion of Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich.  I always liked Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe, and have been looking for something to fill that void.

Bruce Geryk did a very entertaining few game diaries on Eagle Day, worth a read if you're considering it.

http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2011/08/29/eagle-day-one-more-time-with-churchills-few/

Al

Think I'll finally take the plunge and get WITE.   :crazy2:
Al