Will you guys Vote for my game in the anual indieDB 100 2014 one click?

Started by gameleaper, November 28, 2014, 10:18:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

GJK

Voted for ya as well.

As for the game itself, it's having troubles going to full screen mode and it looks like it's my dual monitor set up (which causes me issues with MWiF as well so maybe it's something in my rig?). 

I did play a few turns in windowed mode even though everything is soooooo tiny!  Is there any chance of getting a version with larger maps and pieces?  Maybe the fullscreen mode "zooms" in but if so then I think that things may just get fuzzy.  I opened up your graphics in photoshop to have a poke around and they are designed at a small scale.  I was hoping to do some graphics mods for you but at that small scale, I can't really work with adding much detail.

I'm quite interested in your a.i. and the pathfinding.  I'm tinkering around with DarkBasic Pro now (though I know that you use BlitzMax) - I may tug on your ear a bit for some adivce if that's ok.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

gameleaper

Thanks Pete your vote counts thankyou sir.

GJK I have just updated on indiedb with lots of new features , most important the ships graphical display like StarFleetBattles boxes for how much life support etc. but the counters have 3 different scales, the Main big 200x200 pixel ships counter you see when you hover over the chit at the bottom of the screen, is in the gafix folder, I think I named it shields.png , the second scale is a 55x55 pixel unit what gets displayed at the bottom of the screen in the modules folder itself, and finaly the chit you see on the hexgrid 20x20 pixels also in the modules folder. You May like the 200x200 graphic there are a 100 of them all waiting for ships :) the hexes are small , its not a mistake its my vision of what I wanted. plus there is a whole hextile file in the modules folder, about 100x100 pixels

dark basic pro I think is a cool program, I cant remember much about it but I did 2 art programs I use to make graphics, there box standard, but Im surprised how much I use them. I don't mind helping you if I can. What I do is test small pieces of code to do little jobs like collision or just drawing on the map etc... when I have a system of small bits its a real breez, but its hard to get the little bits working, there is no help for that , its what a programmer does, he sees what he wants to do and builds bit bit little bit, and I never met anybody who can follow other peoples source code unless your in business doing straight forward databases etc...

bbmike

Gameleaper, maybe you could start a general Hexwarrior thread and post updates there? I didn't know which thread to post this in.  :D

I tried the new interface and like it a lot better. I will try to create a new module based on your SFB game and see how it goes. Two more suggestions, 1) It would help if when you held down the arrow keys to move the map it would move continuously (pressing one time would still work like it does now)
2) Maybe I didn't see it but when a unit is selected there should be a counter showing how much movement is left
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

gameleaper

Quote from: bbmike on December 02, 2014, 06:44:07 AM
Gameleaper, maybe you could start a general Hexwarrior thread and post updates there? I didn't know which thread to post this in.  :D

I tried the new interface and like it a lot better. I will try to create a new module based on your SFB game and see how it goes. Two more suggestions, 1) It would help if when you held down the arrow keys to move the map it would move continuously (pressing one time would still work like it does now)
2) Maybe I didn't see it but when a unit is selected there should be a counter showing how much movement is left

1) BlitzMax cant do that as far as Im aware, BlitzMax has some quirks, I have to use a mouse for continuous input, But I put a Jump Map in , did you see it press "M" then click on the zoomed out badly drawn map :) but I was thinking a two small slider bars like windows. your very good at spotting these things bb.
2)the second button up on the right hand side is the stats button, you switch it on off to get 2 different sets of info on the units.

if you make a module bb, take this advice , press "E" to get into the editor, when you place a unit on the hexmap you can press spacebar to drop the held chit, the copy it by pressing Z , then paste a copy with X , or C pastes the computers counterpart, but you cant move around the big map or the copy paste will be lost.

I will start a thread next update, but please feel free to start one if its before I update.

gameleaper

bbmike make sure you on version 555 its brand new 20mins ago

now you've mention continues key movement I just remembered a command to flushkeys and recheck keypress, but I think I may of already tested it, I will have to check again

bbmike did you notice the two buttons above TURN there there because of you, they switch shields ans all the extra features off, and the button next to it switches reaction fire oon off too

Boggit

Quote from: gameleaper on December 01, 2014, 04:41:13 PM
Will you guys go over to http://www.indiedb.com/games/hexwarrior and vote for my game? its the annual indieDB top 100 game of the year , only a few days to vote.

stats at the moment are

Rank
3,509 of 20,664 .

Visits
3,475 (21 today) .

Last Update
10 hours ago
Done! :coolsmiley:
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

BanzaiCat

Voted as well. More power to you too, sir. I can code in ActionScript and HTML5, but game coding eludes me.


mirth

Give me a click Vasiliy. One click only please.



Aye Captain.


vote cast
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!


endfire79

"I will return before you can say 'antidisestablishmentarianism'."

"A man may fight for many things. His country, his principles, his friends. The glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French porn."

Staggerwing

Where on the site do you vote? I've logged in through FB but I don't see it.  ???
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

gameleaper

Quote from: Staggerwing on December 03, 2014, 07:07:25 PM
Where on the site do you vote? I've logged in through FB but I don't see it.  ???

click here http://www.indiedb.com/games/hexwarrior and at the top what looks like a add has a big red button saying vote I think, its gone on my page because I have voted , Hope you find it all votes count :)

thanks to all of you who voted so far

Staggerwing

This is all I see:

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys