Home of Wargamers - New Matrix/Slitherine titles Announced

Started by spelk, April 23, 2012, 08:44:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Here's a list of new titles from the Matrix forums.

QuoteLegends of War - More to come soon!
Pandora: First Contact - Q4 2012: A 4x strategy game
Sovereignty - Q3 2012: Region-based grand-campaign strategy game.
Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue - More to come soon!
Field of Glory: Unity Update - Will be free for original owners, Q3 2012
Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog -Last Close Combat game using current engine, aiming for Q4 2012
Commander: The Great War - More to come tomorrow!
Panzer Corps: Afrika Corps - Q2012 - More to come soon! Q3 Panzer Corps will come to the Mac, Q4 will have Allied Pack
Battle Academy: Android version - Q4 2012
Conquest! for iOS/Android - May release, waiting for Apple approval, marketed as a lite wargame
Great Battles Medieval: iPad version - Coming Q2 2012
Field of Glory: Tablet versions - Q4 2012 after Unity update
Field of Glory digital book version - Coming soon! Beta version will be viewed by press
Panzer Corps on iPad - Q3 2012
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Sigma One

Don't forget these others as well, we had some wifi trouble trying to get news and posts up, so some things came out late:

* Conflict of heroes release is imminent
* World in Flames conversion of board game coming soon
* Lock and Load Heroes of Stalingrad board game conversion coming Q3

A couple of other things coming we didn't have time to cover
* Frank Hunters new game Piercing Fortress Europa coming some time before end of Q3
* Complete Carriers at War coming 2012, date TBD

Barthheart

Quote from: ScottP on April 24, 2012, 05:48:50 PM
....
* Lock and Load Heroes of Stalingrad board game conversion coming Q3
....

Been waiting awhile for this one! 8)

Staggerwing

Quote from: ScottP on April 24, 2012, 05:48:50 PM

* Complete Carriers at War coming 2012, date TBD


This has me interested. I was one of the folks who bought the Matrix CAW release right away. I was surprised to see how few scenarios there were after having played the original CCAW and all its many options. There was much hope that there would be more scenarios released for the new iteration in the coming weeks but after a while the buzz died down. Then the game itself slowly slipped into the dim light along the edges of attention as other titles were released. I'd check back occasionally but after a while I gave up hope. Will the new release have all of the original scenarios from CCAW? Will there be a discount for those of us who grabbed it the first time around?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

LongBlade

Quote from: ScottP on April 24, 2012, 05:48:50 PM
Don't forget these others as well, we had some wifi trouble trying to get news and posts up, so some things came out late:

* Conflict of heroes release is imminent

Awesome - can you get us some preview and review code?

Quote
* World in Flames conversion of board game coming soon
* Lock and Load Heroes of Stalingrad board game conversion coming Q3


I don't know who we have on board to tackle World in Flames but I'll see what we can do.

I can't wait for Heroes of Stalingrad. That will be awesome! Been watching that for a while.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Sigma One

I'll see what I can do! I'm currently in Stockholm waiting out this ten hour layover for my flight home to Chicago. I think I asked for a day or so off to catch up with my time zone, I think? Was it yesterday? Today? Thank god for unlimited coffee at this cafe or else I'd be drooling asleep.

LongBlade

Cool.

Have a safe trip back and get some rest. We can catch up later.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Kushan

Looks like a new Distant Worlds expansion was also announced.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Arctic Blast

While some of these will likely end up being games that are pretty good, this whole enterprise continues to confuse me. I mean, what was the overall point?

It doesn't seem like it was to offer up much information about upcoming games for consumers, unless text blurbs like this are supposed to crack wallets open across the land :

Sovereignty will set in the fantasy realm, with orges, humans, unicorns, walking trees, complete with diplomacy and world campaign map.

Okay, so maybe it's about the media there. Only...who was there? Usually, a game company brings in media so that they will put out releases about what they've seen that day. And yet, the only source of information seems to be Matrix/Slitherine themselves. So how do they even benefit from this event?

And who WAS there? A lot of those games don't look like massive monster games that are purely niche projects. A lot of them look similar to products that some well read sites have done write ups about in the past. Rock Paper Shotgun has done numerous write-ups about previous Matrix games...were they there? Doesn't seem like it. Three Moves Ahead gets good listener numbers for their weekly strategy/wargame podcast. Was anyone from that group there? Nope. Was ANYONE from any site that actually gets decent page read numbers of listener counts there?

Then what was the point of spending who knows how much money for this event, when it seems like they would have been better off just doing some sort of web hosted event?



bayonetbrant

the bad jet lag is heading toward Europe.  Coming back from Europe isn't nearly as bad.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

LongBlade

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 24, 2012, 10:05:12 PM
the bad jet lag is heading toward Europe.  Coming back from Europe isn't nearly as bad.

I found the reverse, but what do I know? I'm dyslexic.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Bison

I'm still writing 2011, and occassionally 2009, on documents so how's that for jet lag?

Sigma One

I'll try to answer quickly since my flight boards for the US soon.

RPS was invited and had tickets, but Adam broke his jaw, poor guy, and had to cancel. I know off hand SteategyCore was there, PC4War, pockettactics, and others, I have a list but it's in my luggage and my mind is gone.

The press event is a time for us to bring the developers out in person to meet the press and such. This location was chosen for its historical significance of where Napoleon stayed for a few days "uninvited".

There will be more info once everyone gets home and back to work. I myself just want to go home and go to sleep, badly.

Gusington

Did I read the above correctly: Sovereignty will include orgies? I'm in.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd