Your own...personal...FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, December 12, 2014, 06:57:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JasonPratt

Ahem!

I think I can say with some assurance that I am probably now the only person here who has beaten (or maybe even played) Ascension to the Throne. (Which by the way ends with the main character refusing to ascend to the throne. And a sequel hook. For a game that as far as I can tell was never released outside of Russia.)

You can touch me now. I SAID YOU CAN TOUCH ME NOW!  :coolsmiley:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Cyrano

I was going to abuse Barth and threaten him with my mighty 12th SS, but then, yeah, Allied air power.

35% interdiction my fanny...

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

MetalDog

Well, I made it to within 65 Turns of the end of my Civ game on Monarch.  I was in second place to Mehmed.  However, he had me out teched and a much larger army.  Plus, he had two vassals.  It was just a matter of time.  It was my best finish so far though.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

JudgeDredd

Finished my F1 2013 season....a landmark moment because that's the first time I've EVER finished a season in ANY F1 game I've ever owned.

Yay me  O0
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

WallysWorld

#65
Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 14, 2014, 10:59:42 AM
Finished my F1 2013 season....a landmark moment because that's the first time I've EVER finished a season in ANY F1 game I've ever owned.
Yay me  O0
Cool! How did you finish overall?

As for me, I'm playing the excellent  Il-2 1946 Luftwaffe Pilot: Legion Kondor! campaign created by "FlatSpinMan" found on the Mission4Today website.  My new GTX 970 works wonders with Il-2 1946 compared to my old 660 Ti.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


JudgeDredd

Quote from: WallysWorld on December 14, 2014, 03:06:10 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 14, 2014, 10:59:42 AM
Finished my F1 2013 season....a landmark moment because that's the first time I've EVER finished a season in ANY F1 game I've ever owned.
Yay me  O0
Cool! How did you finish overall?
In the Williams I was 8th in the Drivers Championship and Williams were 6th I think in the Constructors.

Part way through the season, you get to choose who your "target rival" is and if you beat him, you get his seat. I choose Kimi Raikkonen in Lotus as he was only one step above me in the drivers championship. Unfortunately I didn't beat him and so I do not get his seat. I also rejected a couple of other offers during the season (one from Sauber I think). At the end I was offered (and had to accept because it was the only one being offered) a seat with Williams again.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Bison

I'm lost in the Fade, but I cannot give up Dragon Age Origins has it's grips on me and I must finish so I can play Dragon Age Inquisition.

Gusington

^The Fade was the most frustrating part of DA:O for me...when I finally got out it was a relief. I loved DA:O but Inquisition has the potential for me to love it even more. Can't wait to get back into it...so many cool features.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

I've been running in circles for about 3 hours now.  I've done it before years ago, but this play through I cannot figure out what the heck I'm doing wrong.  Time to use youtube!

Gusington

The Fade sucks dude...anyway you can get out of it is a good way.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Kushan

Played Xenonauts for 14-16 hours this weekend, only to call it quits do to bugs.

Think I'm going to close out the weekend with some EUIV and maybe some Command.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Bison

Quote from: Gusington on December 14, 2014, 07:18:29 PM
The Fade sucks dude...anyway you can get out of it is a good way.

Well I figured out what I was doing wrong and I ended the evening on a roll kicking demon lord ass.  Still have the Sloth demon lord to kill, but it's just a matter of time now.

MetalDog

^ I love it when a game gets to that point.  V-E-R-Y satisfying :)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob