Have a Happy Holiday Friday!

Started by Martok, December 19, 2014, 06:50:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

BanzaiCat

I only did the "Live Another Life" and "Extra Encounters" mods to Skyrim, and liked them both. I won't go down that rabbit hole because I don't want to destabilize the game, nor do I have time to try to learn all the intricacies of how to make them work in the first place.

A moot point anyway as I've had to uninstall Skyrim to make room for other stuff...lol.

Kushan

Normal weekend for me, my holiday vacation doesn't start until Christmas, but I wont be back at work until the 5th of January.

EUIV Austria - Millions of Frenchmen are calling out for liberation by the mighty Austria. I think I should oblige them.

Command - Now that v1.06 is out, I;ve got some scenario and import work I need to do.

Kerbal Space Program - Trying out the new beta, assuming some of the core mods I use have been updated.

Skyrim - Finally got all my mods sorted early this week but haven't had the time to start a new character.

Distant Worlds AAR

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 19, 2014, 01:28:44 PM
I only did the "Live Another Life" and "Extra Encounters" mods to Skyrim, and liked them both. I won't go down that rabbit hole because I don't want to destabilize the game, nor do I have time to try to learn all the intricacies of how to make them work in the first place.

You're really missing out. Modding Skyrim is not all that hard. Even the STEP system is more complicated then it needs to be. As long as you don't install mods that do things like make two mods that do/change the same thing you should be ok.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Gusington

Yeah Rayfer...balancing your regions' happiness can be tricky throughout all phases of a game of Rome 2.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

vyshka

Uh,

Elite
Elite
Elite

(maybe World of Tanks or WoW)

Nefaro

I may jump into War Thunder ground forces some this weekend. 

Been in a bit of a gaming funk lately so not been doing much.  Could end up painting minis instead.

Bison

Well I spent an evening getting through a gaming funk by watching ultimate fail videos on youtube.  Somehow other people's stupidity never gets boring.

Cyrano

Back at CM:RT game with Doug now that the patch is out.

Also hunting the Dutch through the Netherlands with my Turkish army. (HPS Renaissance)

Diablo III and Legend of Korra with the family...possible some Memoir '44 as well...

Just re-acquired Panzer Leader after a long time and am thinking of building a nice metagame setup.

REALLY want to get the MP in Battlefleet 2 working...game's a nice, simple hoot...

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

MetalDog

Spent the last few hours on another Monarch Civ IV game.  This one has appeared hopeful for some time.  Everything is peaceful and I am still able to regularly research Tech the AI doesn't have so I can trade, but, they are starting to pull away and I'm not sure how to catch back up.  Maybe I'll look around the interwebz and see if I can find some tips.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

undercovergeek

Quote from: MetalDog on December 20, 2014, 12:21:39 AM
Spent the last few hours on another Monarch Civ IV game.  This one has appeared hopeful for some time.  Everything is peaceful and I am still able to regularly research Tech the AI doesn't have so I can trade, but, they are starting to pull away and I'm not sure how to catch back up.  Maybe I'll look around the interwebz and see if I can find some tips.

warrrrrrrrrrrrrrr??

MetalDog

For as warlike as I am perceived in some of the other games I play, going to war in Civ is always a last resort for me.  I really play Civilization for the city building aspects and the interactions rather than gobbling up territory and being a badass.  It's the most likely reason I lose nearly every game I play.  You see, I know where to get the info on how to become a machine in this game, but, I don't like playing that style.  It takes the joy out of it for me.  I am interested in getting better on higher levels, so, I think I will look into strategies for getting better and more efficient at what I already do.  And if that's not enough, I guess I can always cry, "Havoc!"
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

undercovergeek

there was a big write up over at RPS how to win the cultural game - it seemed very complicated

JasonPratt

I didn't get any PanzOrcs Corpz done last night (partly due to the cat, whom I shall now blame for all my failures), but I did almost finish a mission in War-mageddon40K -- my first since the last two patches (goodbye lasguns for my mortar squad! hello giving names to my squads at last!), and my first that ended with a situation from which I decided I ought to reload from an earlier save. Up to now, the few units I lost were no problem, and I thought I had enough to deal with anything the game threw at me.

Then it threw a bunch of nobs and shoota boyz and burna boyz and killa krushas at me.

Suddenly I can't retreat to my win-points fast enough, and I lose two basilisks. Yeesh. I should have paid attention to the plot when it said TIME TO RETREAT AND HOLD THESE OTHER PLACES ACROSS THE BRIDGE FOR THE WIN GOOD LUCK!


Otherwise, I finally after... a year? more? finished running though the 1960s Doctor Who stories, i.e. for the first two Doctors. With The War Games, appropriately enough. :) Truly felt like the end of an era. I was born the same year the 3rd Doctor started, so it's interesting to see the huge shifts in how things work with the first color ep. (And for technical context I also watched an 18 minute documentary on what was involved switching over to color.)

The 'new' color Doctor Who (I watched the first ep of "Spearhead From Space") looks sharp with all those colors popping out, which the directors intentionally took full advantage of in the shot and set design; but I'm wondering how much of that comes from them having to shoot this 51st story entirely on film due to a union strike. One late side effect is that this is the only pre-modern Who story which converts to Blu in a way that's worth the effort (or so I've heard; I don't have the Blu).


This afternoon, back to PanzOrcs, and tonight Hobbit 3 Army Boogalee with the Bro.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Barthheart

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 19, 2014, 07:32:05 AM
...
The Longest Day (for review)
...

The AH boardgame?  ???

Mostly playing "Park my ass in the sand and read" with the "drink more beer than I can buy" DLC.

I will be squeezing in some WWIIE and some more PBEM Normandy 44 with Cyrano.

Arctic Blast

Company Christmas party tonight. After that, board gaming tomorrow and perhaps Monday night as well.

bbmike

Quote from: JasonPratt on December 20, 2014, 01:20:41 PM
Otherwise, I finally after... a year? more? finished running though the 1960s Doctor Who stories, i.e. for the first two Doctors. With The War Games, appropriately enough. :) Truly felt like the end of an era. I was born the same year the 3rd Doctor started, so it's interesting to see the huge shifts in how things work with the first color ep. (And for technical context I also watched an 18 minute documentary on what was involved switching over to color.)

The 'new' color Doctor Who (I watched the first ep of "Spearhead From Space") looks sharp with all those colors popping out, which the directors intentionally took full advantage of in the shot and set design; but I'm wondering how much of that comes from them having to shoot this 51st story entirely on film due to a union strike. One late side effect is that this is the only pre-modern Who story which converts to Blu in a way that's worth the effort (or so I've heard; I don't have the Blu).


I actually prefer the classic Doctor. I liked it better when he wasn't seen as some god-like figure that was recognized everywhere/when he went. But I know I'm in the minority on that.  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak