DC: Case Blue Is In My Head And May Never Let Go

Started by Cyrano, January 03, 2015, 07:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

panzerde

Jim is being humble. He played very well in dealing with an impossible situation. The Germans have it all their way in the first two months of Case Blue and that's what the short scenario covers. As long as the German player doesn't make any really egregious mistakes the Soviet player can do little but trade ground for time and try to attrite the German juggernaut.

Jim mounted a very spirited defense not only of Rostov but also of Voronezh. The north and south of his line held strong throughout July. I had to spend some Prestige Points to get OKH to give me four more days to take Voronezh, and only managed it right before my time ran out. It was only by breaking his lines north and south of the city and encircling the defenders that I was able to dislodge him.

I think for PBEM the short Case Blue scenario is not the best choice. If the Germans don't have to worry about the grinding battle of Stalingrad any losses they incur through August aren't likely enough to prevent a victory. The full scenario is probably more balanced and allows for a real chance at a Soviet victory.

It is a great game. Very atmospheric but playable. I definitely want to give the full Case Blue scenario a try sometime soon. If Jim takes the Germans when we do, I can only hope that I can defend as well as he did.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

spelk