2400 DOS Games streamed online

Started by BanzaiCat, January 05, 2015, 06:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

BanzaiCat

...here you go.

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos_games/v2

AND you can play them right in your browser window, apparently.

I just fired up Centurion: Defender of Rome. Works fine, but no sound for some reason.

You're welcome.

besilarius

Tanks for the memories.
This is pretty scary, revisiting the titles of youth.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

BanzaiCat

Oh Lord, it has Crusade in Europe, Conflict in Vietnam, and Decision in the Desert.

Plus it looks like it has all the gold-box SSI D&D games too.

bbmike

Wow, they have Space MAX! I loved that game! I tried running it but the screen turned black and nothing happened.  :-\
Just as well, I didn't see the manual for it.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

Yeah, sorry...looks like it's hit or miss on some of these. One of the D&D games locked up on me; another prompted me to insert Disk 3. Hahaha, yeah, okay I'll get right on that.

Tried a few but no sound, even when I click 'unmute' so I have no idea what's up there. Good luck guys, let us know if you find something fun that works.

GDS_Starfury

Ive spied Wolfpack, Wing Commander Academy, Tank M-1 simulator, Pacific Strike, Panzer Battles, Karateka LOL
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Staggerwing

MS Space Simulator is there as well. That's a hard game to track down nowadays.

Is stuff this all legal?  ???
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


BanzaiCat

The Internet Archive calls themselves a "non-profit library," so I assume it's legit.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


BanzaiCat


Greybriar

Thanks for the link, Banzai_Cat. The titles on that site include a lot of PC game history. I spotted War in Russia, High Command - Europe 1939-45, Secret of the Silver Blades, Conflict - Korea the First Year 1950-1951, The Global Dilemma - Guns or Butter, Spoils of War, and many more I played back in the day as well a a huge number I hadn't even heard of.

I don't know how that site is handling the legalities of the games it is offering, but it's been in existence since 1996 if Wikipedia is to be believed.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Con

Just found Wizardry 1

It prompted me to put a disk in drive 1.  When I said yes (without doing anything) it said this disk had data already on it and pressing Y would reformat it and lose all the data.....I am too scared to press the button this is a true WTF clash of old vs new technology moment will it think the C drive is disk 1?

Also they dont have Pursuit of the Graf Spee which was a favorite of mine  :(

Con