Mechs & Mercs: Black Talons

Started by Tpek, January 10, 2015, 07:00:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tpek

http://store.steampowered.com/app/273960/?snr=1_4_4__tab-PopularNewReleases

This game has been out since yesterday and JH already has it,
but no one so far seems to have posted impressions about it, so I might as well ask.

How is it?

The Steam-reviews are rather mixed, but then again, most of them are done by little kids that only played Starcraft 2 and Dawn of War 2,
whereas this game seems to remind me of the good old Ground Control game (the first one, not the crappy sequel).

Jarhead0331

Haven't really played yet. Seems to have some neat ideas, but I'm not holding my breath. When I play, I'll post feedback.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


RyanE

Its not a BattleTech universe is it.  It looks like it, I didn't recognize any BattleTech content.

Gusington

Saw this yesterday and it looks interesting...curious to see any impressions.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

#4
Quote from: RyanE on January 10, 2015, 10:34:43 AM
Its not a BattleTech universe is it.  It looks like it, I didn't recognize any BattleTech content.
Doesn't look like it.  If it were, I'm pretty sure the devs would be trumpeting that fact. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Bison

I'd looked at it awhile back, but didn't give it more than a courtesy glace after I realized it's a RTS and not a TBS.  I'd like to see a good TBS Battletech game.

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Zulu1966

Quote from: Martok on January 10, 2015, 12:19:47 PM
Quote from: Bison on January 10, 2015, 11:40:14 AM
I'd like to see a good TBS Battletech game.
Hell to the yes!

I always thought the battle academy engine would make a good fist of that ...
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

panzerde

#8
Nearly grabbed this yesterday. Like everyone else I'm kind of waiting for more impressions of it.

Edit: Here's a gameplay video I found, complete with heavy slavic accent. Camel 101's stuff can be a bit of a mixed bag, but this is looking interesting.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Bison

Quote from: Zulu1966 on January 10, 2015, 12:34:27 PM
Quote from: Martok on January 10, 2015, 12:19:47 PM
Quote from: Bison on January 10, 2015, 11:40:14 AM
I'd like to see a good TBS Battletech game.
Hell to the yes!

I always thought the battle academy engine would make a good fist of that ...

Yeah I think so too, but you'd be limited perhaps on the fun aspect of Battletech which is designing your mech.

Nefaro

Quote from: Bison on January 10, 2015, 11:40:14 AM
I'd like to see a good TBS Battletech game.

Mechwarrior Tactics was looking to be that game, but it took a nosedive off a cliff due to the owning company going bankrupt earlier this year while the game was still in beta.  :'(  It was pretty much the tabletop game in 3D.


Bison

Quote from: Nefaro on January 10, 2015, 02:43:30 PM
Quote from: Bison on January 10, 2015, 11:40:14 AM
I'd like to see a good TBS Battletech game.

Mechwarrior Tactics was looking to be that game, but it took a nosedive off a cliff due to the owning company going bankrupt earlier this year while the game was still in beta.  :'(  It was pretty much the tabletop game in 3D.

I'd actually played some of the beta and it was pretty decent.

Tpek

Quote from: Nefaro on January 10, 2015, 02:43:30 PM
Quote from: Bison on January 10, 2015, 11:40:14 AM
I'd like to see a good TBS Battletech game.

Mechwarrior Tactics was looking to be that game, but it took a nosedive off a cliff due to the owning company going bankrupt earlier this year while the game was still in beta.  :'(  It was pretty much the tabletop game in 3D.

Yep, this really sucks. :(
Especially after how much I threw on that game.

Rayfer

The trailer reminded me more of Warhammer 40K. Not saying that's a bad thing!

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd