The Ship! Let's all get it!

Started by Toonces, January 12, 2015, 10:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

-budd-

there's got to be someone here who knows how to do the server setup thing. I have no idea why my server wasn't showing. I can throw up some screen shots of how to find servers and the process for joining. The easiest way i've found is not starting the game, but getting the server box up and running and finding a server and double click it and if its a viable server the game starts automatically and puts you in game.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

-budd-

here's some pic's

main steam window, view then servers.




This window pops up, hit change filter button on the bottom to the "the ship" , hit the refresh all button, i had to refresh twice before my server would show, you can see grogs ship server. the easiest way i' have found assuming the server you want shows up is too not start the game do the above first and double click on your server choice and the game starts automatically and takes you in game, if its a viable server. This is how i tested to see if my server shows up by alt tab out of game and open the server list once i started my server.


here is another way to join.Start the game, alt tab out of game and get the above server list up and refreshed.Highlight the server you want with a left click, then right click and this box pops up, go to view server details.


This box pops up, copy the IP address


go back in game, click join a cruise


Click add a server and put the copied IP address in and hit OK, it should be listed in the box, then you just highlight the server and connect.


this is all i know, hope it helps. I've found sometimes the IP i get from the list doesn't work all the time. and if its password protected when you hit connect a box will pop up for the password.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

BanzaiCat

Thanks, budd. Hopefully that should do the trick.

Toonces

Yeah, that was pretty fun Budd.  My damn wife was yapping in my ear, and I'm trying to play, and finally I look back at her and I say, "Is this going to be a long story?"  And she says, "Yeah, that's why I told you to pause your game!"

<Sigh>   ::)

So I had to go and dinner was ready besides. 

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Bison

Quote from: Toonces on April 18, 2015, 01:27:02 PM
Yeah, that was pretty fun Budd.  My damn wife was yapping in my ear, and I'm trying to play, and finally I look back at her and I say, "Is this going to be a long story?"  And she says, "Yeah, that's why I told you to pause your game!"

<Sigh>   ::)

So I had to go and dinner was ready besides.


Philippe

Are we ever going to try to organize a grogheads night of the Ship again?

It's currently on sale at Steam and I recently broke down and got a microphone for something else...
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.


History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.


Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

JasonPratt

I also picked it up on Steam, although I don't know where my mic is (I got one for a radio debate several years ago; I know it must still be around...)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

-budd-

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JasonPratt

Strictly speaking, I'd rather have a 7DtD team vs team (with more than one team perhaps) where a server is set up over the weekend with a new 'world' and the goal is to count zombies killed for a team by 6am (dawn) on Day X in game.

This would allow time for some limited base coop, finding team members despite random spawns, some pvp perhaps (the easiest way to kill-steal being to remove other zombie killers from the area).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

-budd-

Thats sounds like fun also, i'm a zombie killing machine. Can i bring my 44. Of course running around a cruise ship beating the shit out of a grog with 9 iron sounds good too.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JasonPratt

Admittedly so!

Note that the zombie-hunt multi-day game would have to start on a fresh server, so the only .44 you can bring would be one you find. Which you may be able to throw at the zeds unless you also find ammo. (I suppose if the game ran a real-life week you could amp up to rebuilding 44s and making ammo.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!