"Feeling Old" 2015 Edition

Started by bayonetbrant, January 15, 2015, 02:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

BanzaiCat

Never cared much for the Oilers (neither did Houston, in the end, especially after that AFC Championship butt-kicking), so meh.

As for these kids, nothing that a good belt-whupin' couldn't fix.

LongBlade

I always enjoy reading those, Brant. Thanks.

Some of those seem to apply to me, which tells me that I'm younger than my birth certificate says and that I don't give a crap about a lot of stuff Beloit College things is relevant.

Also, judging by several items, they will be so fucked when the zombie apocalypse hits.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

GDS_Starfury

Quote42. Poland, Hungary, and the Czech Republic have always been members of NATO.

for some reason this one gets to me.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Sir Slash

Yes..... Didn't they used to be on..... The--- Other----Side? :coolsmiley: Ohhh, that was before Reagan and Thatcher. Something else these little Life-Newbies know nothing of. I can remember way back when the Raiders were in Oakland--- the first time.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Centurion40

Quote from: Sir Slash on September 03, 2015, 09:13:22 AM
Yes..... Didn't they used to be on..... The--- Other----Side? :coolsmiley: Ohhh, that was before Reagan and Thatcher. Something else these little Life-Newbies know nothing of. I can remember way back when the Raiders were in Oakland--- the first time.

And the Rams were in LA, and the Colts were in Baltimore.
Any time is a good time for pie.

bayonetbrant

And the Cardinals were in St Louis.  No, the other Cardinals.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

Speaking of which, the Superbowl will be 50 freaking years old this season. And I can't remember if I've gotten laid since the first one. :'(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

One of the worst f'n' movies I've ever had the misfortune to watch all of...  even had to sit thru it in the f'n' theater
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

I've never seen the whole thing, just pieces.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 15, 2015, 05:37:55 PM
One of the worst f'n' movies I've ever had the misfortune to watch all of...  even had to sit thru it in the f'n' theater


Quote from: mirth on September 15, 2015, 05:45:04 PM
I've never seen the whole thing, just pieces.


Really?  I liked it.  Kevin Spacey plays an evil prick better than just about anyone.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

I was working in a mental hospital at the time, the patients loved it. Go figure.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

LongBlade

Quote from: Sir Slash on September 16, 2015, 08:46:34 AM
I was working in a mental hospital at the time

Cool. Recognize anyone around here?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: LongBlade on September 16, 2015, 08:57:39 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on September 16, 2015, 08:46:34 AMI was working in a mental hospital at the time
Cool. Recognize anyone around here?

I was thinking it, but kind of afraid to ask
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers