"Feeling Old" 2015 Edition

Started by bayonetbrant, January 15, 2015, 02:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bob48

Quote from: Emeraldlis on July 01, 2015, 06:42:57 PM
Quote from: bob48 on July 01, 2015, 03:04:57 PM
Aye, 'Heart of Glass' is a good tune, agree with you there.

Glad you agree with me bob  O0 I notice you're from Newcastle , a good place to spring from . My grandma was from that neck of the woods , a place called consett near Durham :) I like to think I have some "jordie" blood flowing through my veins , "way aye man " and alla that cool jargon you guys speak !!  :)

I'm actually a Brummie, but have lived in Newcastle for the last 38 years. And I know Consett very well.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Emeraldlis

So you're from the Black Country eh ? I have a couple of great friends from that area , you all have a great sense of humour from Birmingham :)

I think you could be an honourary " jordie " now though after 38 years ! It's awesome that you know consett , some of my grandmas family still live their , although I've only ever been a couple of times , lovely area though :)
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

bob48

Ouch! Don't call a person from the Black Country a Brummie or vice versa, or they'll give you an ear-full. Its a common mistake, but they are different.

And yes, I'm a Geordie-Brummie.

Whey aye, man.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Emeraldlis

Oops sorry Bob , I'll just take my foot out of my mouth and apologize for my faux-pas  :uglystupid2:

I won't make that mistake again !!

"Fog on the Tyne is all mine all mine " and alla that good "jordie stuff"  :smitten:
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

MetalDog

Be careful with that rolling about the floor bit, bob.  You know it's unlikely you'll get back up ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Staggerwing

Quote from: MetalDog on July 03, 2015, 05:46:00 PM
Be careful with that rolling about the floor bit, bob.  You know it's unlikely you'll get back up ;)

That's what the garage door opener-like thing hanging around his neck is for. He pushes the the button and a nice ambulance crew shows up to take his vitals and then they open the jar of pickled herring he was struggling with. Or was it mushy peas?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Mr. Bigglesworth

It was the vinegar pack on the fish and chips!
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

bob48

^Yeah, that was it. Biggs got it in one. O0

MD - Duck Hat.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

airboy

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on July 01, 2015, 10:07:03 AM
Debbie Harry (of Blondie) is 70 years old today.  :-\



She was quite a bit older than her band mates.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

^Who knows, but for some better marketing and a bit of luck, the world could have been such a different place today.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Emeraldlis on July 02, 2015, 01:26:42 PM
I have a couple of great friends from that area , you all have a great sense of humour from Birmingham :)

they need to.  its the New Jersey of England.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers