Main Menu

Ride FRIDAY ride!

Started by MetalDog, January 16, 2015, 07:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jarhead0331

I've been going through an ARMA 3 kick. Set up some sandbox scenarios to test out some ideas and toys. Played around a lot with drones which is something I never payed much attention to in game. However, DicedT's recent thread got me interested. Very cool stuff. Did some recon flights in helicopters around the larger map to get aquatinted with the terrain and ran some helo assault missions that I made on planned assault.com.

Of course, I still played some Elite and found time for a bit of mechs & mercs too. Brutally difficult game, but still has me coming back for more.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Gusington

I loved the Fallout 3 in DC. I think maybe the setting of New Vegas is kind of played out for me. Can't believe that Fallout: Tactics is 15 years old.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

My old mouse from back in my WinXPsp2 days finally died this weekend, so that minimized my PC gaming a lot. But I finished Season 1 of my PanzOrc Generals AAR, and made preparations to start my Darkest Hour Russia "AAR" advisory AAR (where the first "AAR" stands for the mod, running from World War 1 up to 1990 I think. Eventually the modder wants to get a campaign from 1900 to 2020, but he has a long way to go on that yet.)

So far as gaming itself, on the PS3 I finished a Fight Night Champion campaign from last summer, but my fighter took too much damage in the final fights and had to retire a few fights short of getting the title of "The Greatest Ever". I think I know what I could have done better with his build, and I may start a new career this week to test that out.

On the iPhone, I spent a surprising amount of time yesterday (Saturday) playing one game of Rivals of Catan, possibly because this is the first time I've tried the "Duel of Princes" mode with (all auxilliary decks) -- for those who don't know, the game is very much not like Catan ;) , but it's a good two-player non-combat medieval card game. I doubt I'm going to win this one, but I'm hanging in.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Going to try out Battle Academy 2 - Eastern Front tomorrow.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

Quote from: Gusington on January 18, 2015, 11:03:33 PM
Going to try out Battle Academy 2 - Eastern Front tomorrow.

Have fun! Tell us what you think. I think it's much better than the first one.

Anguille

Didn't play as much as i wanted....

Some misisons of Glory of the Roman Empire and about 1/3 of an Omerta chapter... :'(

Gusington

Will do Bart. Some Fallout: Tactics and then on to BA2 this afternoon.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

I'm going to play Fallen Enchantress and ignore the reality I need to go purchase a minivan for one more week!

Gusington

^That will only make the minivan bigger. Make sure to get the onboard vacuum.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Bison on January 19, 2015, 10:14:49 AM
I'm going to play Fallen Enchantress and ignore the reality I need to go purchase a minivan for one more week!

The politically correct term for "minivan" is "SUV" these days. 

I still call peoples' SUVs by their true minivan moniker.  Usually gets a rise.  >:D

Bison

Quote from: Gusington on January 19, 2015, 10:16:27 AM
^That will only make the minivan bigger. Make sure to get the onboard vacuum.

Hells to the noes!

Bison

Quote from: Nefaro on January 19, 2015, 12:57:11 PM
Quote from: Bison on January 19, 2015, 10:14:49 AM
I'm going to play Fallen Enchantress and ignore the reality I need to go purchase a minivan for one more week!

The politically correct term for "minivan" is "SUV" these days. 

I still call peoples' SUVs by their true minivan moniker.  Usually gets a rise.  >:D

I'm not getting the wife an SUV.  It's clearly a minivan even if I put 4" lifts and monster tires on it.

Nefaro

Quote from: Bison on January 19, 2015, 01:15:52 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on January 19, 2015, 12:57:11 PM
Quote from: Bison on January 19, 2015, 10:14:49 AM
I'm going to play Fallen Enchantress and ignore the reality I need to go purchase a minivan for one more week!

The politically correct term for "minivan" is "SUV" these days. 

I still call peoples' SUVs by their true minivan moniker.  Usually gets a rise.  >:D

I'm not getting the wife an SUV.  It's clearly a minivan even if I put 4" lifts and monster tires on it.


Didn't even know normal minivans are still being sold.  I rarely see them anymore.  Just the taller ones.  :P

Gusington

No onboard vacuum? What's the point of getting the Odyssey then?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Now I'm sorry I didn't start playing Battle Academy 2 sooner. This should keep me occupied for the next few, freezing cold weeks...comrades  :D

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd