Main Menu

Battlefleet Gothic

Started by Skwerl, January 16, 2015, 08:52:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Freyland

I am incorrect. On the store page for base game, they do not list it as being in my library like the space Marine dlc. However on the Tau dlc page it says it is in my library. Yay!

Tpek

You can open your Steam client and check the "page" for that game at your games library.
It will list all the DLCs you have.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Geezer

Base game is half price and both DLC's are 15% off now.  I skimmed this thread and it looks like most of you liked the game.  Looks like it has had good support since launch.  It's tempting me...
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

HoodedHorseJoe

I was playing it a fair bit back in July/August. I honestly had a lot of fun - matches are very bite-sized, they rarely take longer than 10 mins or so.

Looks gorgeous as well on high settings. I guess my one gripe is that I'd want to experience something on a larger scale, which can be possible but you have to 'earn' the right first be levelling up an Admiral to the higher point-tiers.

Orks are a joke though. Hate fighting those guys.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Geezer

Thanks.  Pretty sure I'll get the base game and try it out.  If it looks like fun for me then I'll get the DLC's before they go off sale.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

HoodedHorseJoe

If you have to choose, the Tau seem to be more of a departure in terms of tactics etc... than Space Marines. SM seem a lot like AM to me, with slightly different tactics focus.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Cyrano

I love the game in principle, and still play it, but there's something that never quite clicked with me and it's probably the critical difference between SP and MP, viz.: game speed.  In SP, you can dramatically slow things down to keep up with the different ships, their abilities, as well as the crew.  In so doing, this game really does start to feel like Age of Sail ships and tactics in space.  Which is awesome.  MP, though, you can't slow matters down that way and everything, for me, falls far more into a clickmush.   Were it not for the deluge of other games (AND the Steam sale) I'd probably go back and have another go, but, right now, it's not a regular for me.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

panzerde

Quote from: Cyrano on December 23, 2016, 11:11:29 AM
I love the game in principle, and still play it, but there's something that never quite clicked with me and it's probably the critical difference between SP and MP, viz.: game speed.  In SP, you can dramatically slow things down to keep up with the different ships, their abilities, as well as the crew.  In so doing, this game really does start to feel like Age of Sail ships and tactics in space.  Which is awesome.  MP, though, you can't slow matters down that way and everything, for me, falls far more into a clickmush.   Were it not for the deluge of other games (AND the Steam sale) I'd probably go back and have another go, but, right now, it's not a regular for me.


What he said. This is another of those "I want to love it, but getting familiar enough with it to love it will take more time than I can give it." Like pretty much all of the other WH40K MP games, this is what I call a "college kid game." If you're a college kid and can spend hours and hours playing, you'll get good enough that MP is fun. Otherwise, you're just going to get killed BY the college kids!


Now, get off my lawn.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Geezer

I'm retired and can spend hours and hours playing.  But I'm also too old and slow to bother with MP.  :)
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Nefaro

I've been wanting to get this.  But, being an RTS, it may be a bit twitchier than something I'd play often.

Will get it eventually.  Keep telling myself that I'll get caught up on my Games-To-Play list and get around to these others, but we know that won't happen.

JasonPratt

I have to say, there are enough things going on even in slo-mo that I've always felt like I couldn't keep up with it. And I just completed a campaign in an RTS that has no pausability or slow-down at all, with a moderate amount of micro (i.e. BFME2:RotWK).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Geezer

I guess the Emperor will be branding me a heretic soon.  Tried three times to win the turn 3 escort mission and I'm not even coming close.  Watched videos of people making it look easy.  Then I come up against 5 or 6 Ork ships and get crushed even on the slow motion setting.  Guess I'll play skirmishes until I figure this out.  Good fun though, or at least as much fun as you can have getting stomped by Greenskins.  :)
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Cyrano

OK...officially peeved.

Why did the iPad get the B:G game I wanted?

http://kriegsspieler.blogspot.com/2017/04/whatin-blue-hell.html

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus