Main Menu

Sid Meier's Starships

Started by Anguille, January 19, 2015, 10:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

Pirates in space is a great idea.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

Not homoerotic ice pirates. Sid Meier-ish Pirates. Buzzkiller.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

"Ice Pirates", Mary Crosby... as in Cross-eyed Mary?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

Come on, Gus...admit it. Space Herpies wouldadd significantly to ANY game.

Gusington

Sounds more painful than the usual space maladies discussed here.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mikeck

"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

BanzaiCat

"Why'd you paint them black?"

"Because I wanted them to be perfect!"

Barthheart

More video about the game and interview with Sid et al. (Found at Civfanatics)



Haven't watched the whole thing yet but there is some great game play stuff near the end...  O0

Gusington

Cool, thanks for posting! Gotta find time to watch it this weekend.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Cyrano

Very interesting stuff...my own initial thoughts:

1:  Certainly glad to hear of Sid's level of involvement...still one creative bastard, he...

2:  Definitely not nuts about what, based on this short pair of clips, looks like a cheat with the asteroids.  I respect the fact that Sid loves maps and sees them as the heart of games...he might well be right in most instances...but answering the question of "how do we do maps in space" with "asteroid belts as terrain" makes me sad.  I'll ignore the astrophysics of it...really more the proportional size-to-space ratio issue...and just say it doesn't make me thing of space fleets.

3:  The campaign game is shaping up interestingly although, and I listened twice and am still not sure, do I take that you only get one fleet?  That would be weird too...

In the end, I guess I'm still looking for a reboot of the old Interplay interpretation of SFB, but will stipulate the market there might be a mite narrow.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Barthheart


Barthheart

Nevermind it's already posted to youtube....


jomni

#88
Not bad.  The gameplay is different enough to make it worth trying.  But Homeworld is really sweet.

W8taminute

So to me this new game looks like a turn based RPG where you level up your ships and go on quests instead of a proper 4x strategy game where you manage a galactic economy while building up a military?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk