Looking at Friday through the Eyes of a Tired Hub

Started by Jarhead0331, January 23, 2015, 06:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

undercovergeek

imagine all the pixeltruppen are Gus, you come to love and cherish the little fellas

Ubercat

Quote from: Bison on January 24, 2015, 06:54:09 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on January 24, 2015, 06:52:19 PM
Well, they took all my cities.  Thanks for the encouragement guys, but it was to no avail.  Next time I am in a hopeless situation that I am sure won't change, I will remember the encouragement and good advice I got from my friends.  Thanks, guys :)

Reload!  And try again!

+1 Take it from Ministry!
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Quote from: MetalDog on January 24, 2015, 07:08:09 PM
Is there REALLY any other way?  In any event, I am going to fire up another game here in a few.  See what comes of it.

Sounds like you're hot for another try!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

MetalDog

I have Civilization Revolutions for my Nintendo DS.  It's a poor port of Civ, but, the higher levels of it correlate to my attempts to master Monarch level proficiency.  And prepared me for the fast pace of the game.  Gone are the days of agonizing over every move.  It's not formulaic, but feel.  And a healthy dose of military units ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

You didn't lose MD. You came in second. No shame there man.  8)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MetalDog

THAT is an awesome way to look at it:)  I accept that.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

JasonPratt

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 24, 2015, 02:05:39 PM
Those did not release yesterday. They released a few weeks ago.

Yeesh, I am just not batting well this week am I?  :uglystupid2: :buck2:

BUT I HAVEN'T BOUGHT ANYTHING NEW THIS WEEK AT LEAST!

(...pretty sure Warlock 2 was last week... :-[ then again my concept of time is clearly not arglebarglewarglegarble.  ::))
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

What a pain in the ass.

So I'm in this dungeon (Morrowind) and I use my last levitation potion to reach a door to get farther into the dungeon.  I am going through that and, while swimming underwater I come across a door.  Come up, take a deep breath, dive down, pick the lock and get to another part of the dungeon.  Defeat the mysto skeleton thingy with some creative spell use and healing potions and then loot the crap out of the dungeon and get some fat lootz.  Backtrack and explore the previous chamber, and after several minutes of searching I realize that to get anywhere farther I've got to levitate again.

Damn!

Use a scroll of intervention that puts me back at Gnisis.  From there take the Stilt Rider back to Seya Deen, and then Silt Rider backtrack to Balmora.  Now I've got to unload my excess gear, search out a merchant that can spot me some levitation potions or scrolls, and then laboriously make my way back to the dungeon.

We're talking a good 30 minutes of real time to get back to where I left off.

So I logged and I'm gonna play something else for a while.  What a hassle.   ::)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: MetalDog on January 24, 2015, 10:28:01 PM
THAT is an awesome way to look at it:)  I accept that.

Second place is first loser. Congrats.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


MetalDog

Right.  Because you win every game you play.  :P
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

Gentlemen...no fighting in the war [gaming forum] room!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Quote from: MetalDog on January 25, 2015, 09:17:18 AM
Right.  Because you win every game you play.  :P

Some times the more difficult strategic and tactical situations I find myself in go into a planning that phase that lasts months and sometimes even years.