Homeworld Remastered Available for Pre-Order

Started by Jarhead0331, January 25, 2015, 02:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

LongBlade

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 01, 2015, 12:18:59 PM
Ive always loved this game!  :smitten:

It ranks right up there with Panthers in the Fog.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Gusington

I have seen Star this moist. Moister, even.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Boggit

I never played Homeworld, but I can see from the reactions it is warmly remembered. Is it a clickfest rts or do you get enough time to think about your actions? One of the comments on Steam by a guy who appeared to like the original, said that a lot of the originals tactics had been left out in the remaster, and was quite critical on those points. Any views? Never having played it I have no opinion.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

GDS_Starfury

the combat system in the original was based on actual physics and momentum.  in HW2 the combat resolution was change to a random number generation system.  in the remastered version HW1 got HW2s system.  in some regards this has made the super heavy units a bit over powering because by the numbers they could beat the snot out of everything.  I wouldnt go so far as to say its a bad thing but they should be some balancing if they do future patches.

as for being a click fest...  I dont find it to be so.  the maps are a pretty big space to play in.  how chaotic a battle can be is pretty much dependent on how you set yourself up beforehand.  hotkeys and the HUD display make it pretty easy to see whats what and where.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


mikeck

Quote from: Boggit on March 01, 2015, 06:58:08 PM
I never played Homeworld, but I can see from the reactions it is warmly remembered. Is it a clickfest rts or do you get enough time to think about your actions? One of the comments on Steam by a guy who appeared to like the original, said that a lot of the originals tactics had been left out in the remaster, and was quite critical on those points. Any views? Never having played it I have no opinion.

The only missing feature I know of is that "formations" are messed up. That said, I never really found formations to matter so long as all my ships were firing. Other than that, it seems like the original with better graphics. I do miss playing the "complex mod" but oh well.

As with many games, people tend to look at history through rose colored graphics. I was amazed at how many people in the TW forums waxed poetic about how amazing the original Rome and Medieval II was....these same people were complaining when those games came out

I may be missing something but i don't remember a whole lot of "tactics" in the game once the fight started. Fleet makeup, attack direction,
What you attack, etc yes....but moving ships in battle...not so much.

For your other question, battles can be a click fest but it's not like Starcraft. The campaign is very difficult and each mission requires planning. But once the shooting starts, you can't do much
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

GDS_Starfury

you can do a whole lot once the shooting starts.  even more so in HW2.  maybe its a matter of getting out of a game what you put into it.  I remember MP being a serious crucible of pain if you didnt have your wits about you.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


GDS_Starfury

sending in bombers to soft kill engines and have those guarded by multi-gun covettes as a distraction while using clock field probes to sneak a frigate group around the back to kill resource collectors was always a fun plan.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


GDS_Starfury

hell, Ive already stolen 60+ frigates using tactics!  :coolsmiley:

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


mikeck

#174
I guess what I mean is that you dont get to adjust shields, increase or decrease thrust, switch weapons, etc. Like in Nexus: jupiter incident" you tell your ship to fire and it does. I see your point about takng out the engines to capture but I play skirmish so usually I just blow stuff up. It certainly is not like Command and Conquer where you lasso your guys and have them attack.

There are other things you can do outside of battles like laying minefields. I send about 4-5 minelayers over to resource fields closer to the enemy and dump all the Mines I can
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Boggit

Sounds interesting. I've added it to my follow list. Thanks for the feedback. :)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

GDS_Starfury

attacking modules is faaaar more important in HW2.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


GDS_Starfury

and Grand Theft Howeworld is done!
this shot doesn't have any of the heavy units captured.

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


jomni


Jarhead0331

Quote from: jomni on March 02, 2015, 03:21:30 AM
What are the red numbers?

I'm guessing, but the red numbers seem to only be in categories that have reached or exceeded the maximum ship cap.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18