Big winter storm on the way!

Started by Shelldrake, January 26, 2015, 07:31:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

LongBlade

Quote from: mirth on January 28, 2015, 08:11:59 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 28, 2015, 08:00:47 PM
you haven't had 8 inches so many times since our last date.

Unlike you, Old Man Winter doesn't need a strap on to provide 8 inches.

Ha!
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

LongBlade

Well, Old Man Winter has dropped a fair amount of snow on us. I'm not sure what the official totals are, but I can say with confidence we've got at least 18".
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

It is now heading towards us in the NE...started snowing a few hours ago. No school tomorrow and 'work from home' for me. I will start a running list of Shining quotes.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on February 01, 2015, 09:43:23 PM
It is now heading towards us in the NE...started snowing a few hours ago. No school tomorrow and 'work from home' for me. I will start a running list of Shining quotes.

The first half we had some nasty heavy, wet snow. Now we're getting a dry light snow but periodic white out conditions. They've told everybody to stay off the roads...period. Heck, I had enough of a challenge pulling two trash cans to the curb. No way I'm going further.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

^Tomorrow is also our trash day but I didn't bother. I'll just throw it all into the fireplace.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on February 01, 2015, 09:53:34 PM
^Tomorrow is also our trash day but I didn't bother. I'll just throw it all into the fireplace.

Well, I just got word that ours is cancelled. Right after I take everything out. Oh well, it's there a day ahead. No big deal.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

We get fined if we leave it out there when there's no pickup.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

besilarius

And you thought it couldn't get worse.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

mirth

Another foot today, started a couple hours ago. Working from home.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

OJsDad

Parts of NW Ohio had 14"+ of snow yesterday.  We only had about 6-8 I think, but the winds kicked up and is causing bad drifting.  All of the schools around here are closed, even some of the colleges. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Gusington

Right now there are flakes the size of VWs falling outside my window. I'm not going anywhere for a while.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jejo68

Quote from: Gusington on February 01, 2015, 09:43:23 PM
It is now heading towards us in the NE...started snowing a few hours ago. No school tomorrow and 'work from home' for me. I will start a running list of Shining quotes.
So schools gets closed because of a Little bit of snow ? man I should have been going to school over there  :)

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers