Big winter storm on the way!

Started by Shelldrake, January 26, 2015, 07:31:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

LongBlade

Quote from: Staggerwing on February 02, 2015, 05:23:38 PM
Between the snowfall that started in the early AM and the second round that started about 3pm I think I'll have between a foot and a foot and a half average. Hard to tell for sure because of the drifts are much higher and I'm not averaging in the mini-himalayas that the town plows left at the end of the driveway.

Yeah, our official count is less than 18, but I think I'm being more than fair at 18 - it could be two feet. All I know is that there's snow everywhere and a lot of it.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

mirth

I think we have about 10 now. Should finish with 15-plus.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Gusington on February 02, 2015, 02:24:47 PM
My mailbox is on a 3.5 foot pole and from the drifts and plow it is just about buried.

so do you use a step stool when getting the mail?
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


GDS_Starfury

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 02, 2015, 02:58:28 PM
it's been over 90 minutes since we made a pole joke about Gus, and no Starfury sighting  :'(

lets just say work was not an easy thing today.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


LongBlade

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 02, 2015, 06:37:50 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 02, 2015, 02:58:28 PM
it's been over 90 minutes since we made a pole joke about Gus, and no Starfury sighting  :'(

lets just say work was not an easy thing today.

Forget your sunglasses walking out of the house?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

mirth

And his shorts. He was however wearing his Argyle socks.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

GDS_Starfury

the sun wasn't even up when I left this morning. :-\

and I was indeed wearing argyle socks! red, black and white ones.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


bayonetbrant

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 02, 2015, 06:43:16 PMand I was indeed wearing argyle socks! red, black and white ones.

with sandals!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

Isn't there a Miami ordinance that says Argyle socks can only be worn with golfing shoes?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 02, 2015, 06:48:25 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 02, 2015, 06:43:16 PMand I was indeed wearing argyle socks! red, black and white ones.

with sandals!

He's just trying to make the Canadians feel welcome.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

Good luck to Mrs. Endfire!  I saw some snow today, too.  For about fifteen minutes.  And it was really just that icy, pre-snow kind of snow ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus