CM: Black Sea RELEASED!!!!

Started by Jarhead0331, January 30, 2015, 11:50:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jomni

ok. 80% and the speed has slowed down tremendously.

RyanE


endfire79

Quote from: panzerde on January 30, 2015, 08:17:11 PM

The big shocker for everyone is going to be the engagement ranges and speeds. Time to master the art of not being seen!

I'm curious about how that works out in the game.
"I will return before you can say 'antidisestablishmentarianism'."

"A man may fight for many things. His country, his principles, his friends. The glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French porn."

RyanE

So how do you handle customers upset by poor service...tell them to f' off and stop buying from you.  Good to see the old BFC attitude come out under pressure.

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/117766-downloads-not-working-for-many-of-us/

RyanE

Wouldn't most companies just go on their forum and apologize?  I mean just saying "we understand your frustration and we'll fix it for next time" go a long way.  Why are they so damned antagonistic.

jomni


Staggerwing

Maybe BF is always in siege mode because they're always being besieged? Now I don't have a canis in this fight but drop in to the BF forums on any random occasion and there is more drama than even the most lurid of telenovelas can deliver.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

RyanE

On a whim before going to bed, I tried it...crashed after 3Gb...tried it again, running at 6Mb/s now. 

So my day...

17 failed downloads, 1 made it to 4.2Gb, 3 made it past 3Gb, 4 made it to 1Gb, the rest were sub 1Gb.  On my first attem[pt, I got some spikes at 1.5Mb/s...that was around 10AM.  Never saw more that 500Mb after that.  Now suddenly cranking.  I have yet to see any explanation that can account for that performance. I estimate I lost three hours fiddling with this issue...over the 12 hour ordeal.

RyanE

But they should be under siege for this one.  The initial reaction to posters was it was something they were doing.  Instead of just sucking it up, they let it fester on their forums for many hours.  And then their response was classic.

They only look at it as you couldn't play your game for several hours.  They don't realize that in the vacuum created by their lack of response, people wasted their own time trying to figure it out.

mikeck

I've had problems with Battlefront customer relations in the past (the way they talk to their customers) and I'm a pretty easy going guy. I saw that Battlefronts response is that "we could have delayed it another day but you guys were complaining...so be glad at least some of you are getting it".

I wouldn't mind a slow download but the amount of people who have waited ours to have it fail is a bit ridiculous.

I'm buying it but think I will wait a few days
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Grim.Reaper

I guess I got lucky with the timing of my download....downloaded in about 45 minutes with no disruptions or restarts and have successfully installed.

panzerde

Download disruptions aside, I've started the first US campaign mission and this is seriously FUN! This game plays very, very differently than CMSF. The enemy are serious opposition, not like most of the OPFOR in CMSF. The modern systems, including UAVs and the upgraded AFVs are cool to play with and much more lethal.

I nailed my first T-72 about thirty seconds in, across the entire width of the map with an ATGM from a Bradley. Completely lucky shot; the Russians just happened to have a tank platoon on some high ground that was directly in view of where I moved the scout Brad during my initial turn. The gunner fired the missile and then the Brad popped smoke and backed up REAL fast to get out of LOS of the other two tanks. It was certainly an exciting way to start my first game!



"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Pinetree

Quote from: endfire79 on January 30, 2015, 09:27:24 PM
Quote from: panzerde on January 30, 2015, 08:17:11 PM

The big shocker for everyone is going to be the engagement ranges and speeds. Time to master the art of not being seen!

I'm curious about how that works out in the game.

Like this:  ;)

Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Cyrano

Ca. 2 hour download, give or take, and installed without a hitch.

Must try larger maps because, if I didn't know better, I would swear I'm getting slightly better...stress on slightly...performance than in CM:RT.

Yep, lots of re-learning to do...much as Doug is instructing me in Flashpoint, being seen can equal being very quickly dead.

Interesting that there are three campaigns but only a bit over a dozen scenarios.  In cherry-pick mode, however, there is an awful lot to play with.

BOOM.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Toonces

Guess who's downloading CM:BS? 

Damn straight!   :-*
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs