CM: Black Sea RELEASED!!!!

Started by Jarhead0331, January 30, 2015, 11:50:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Zulu1966

One thing I read on their forum which sent me on a more successful pah was NOT to use a download manager - seems they don't play nice with where the files are.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

MikeGER

i downloaded overnight, this morn i found it aborted at 44% , but was able to continue O0 ....much faster O0 ...went for a quick breakfast ...file compleat and no CRC errors, installed /activated without any problem...
restarted the PC and Avira Virus  protection gives an heuristic hit on the CM exe-file ... i put it in the scan-exclude list. (i remember that happened with CM Italy when it was new too) .... no problem)

     

JudgeDredd

#77
Quote from: panzerde on January 30, 2015, 11:32:35 PM
Download disruptions aside, I've started the first US campaign mission and this is seriously FUN! This game plays very, very differently than CMSF. The enemy are serious opposition, not like most of the OPFOR in CMSF. The modern systems, including UAVs and the upgraded AFVs are cool to play with and much more lethal.

I nailed my first T-72 about thirty seconds in, across the entire width of the map with an ATGM from a Bradley. Completely lucky shot; the Russians just happened to have a tank platoon on some high ground that was directly in view of where I moved the scout Brad during my initial turn. The gunner fired the missile and then the Brad popped smoke and backed up REAL fast to get out of LOS of the other two tanks. It was certainly an exciting way to start my first game!
This was my one dislike of CMSF. I'm glad there's some serious kit to take on...I was a bit bored with the RPG's, technicals and T60's
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Zulu1966

Quote from: MikeGER on January 31, 2015, 02:58:55 AM
i downloaded overnight, this morn i found it aborted at 44% , but was able to continue O0 ....much faster O0 ...went for a quick breakfast ...file compleat and no CRC errors, installed /activated without any problem...
restarted the PC and Avira Virus  protection gives an heuristic hit on the CM exe-file ... i put it in the scan-exclude list. (i remember that happened with CM Italy when it was new too) .... no problem)

   

Excellent - its now down loading really fast.  I am up to 7.5 GB of a supposedly 5 GB file. Doubtless that means something is wrong. Sigh :(
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

JudgeDredd

ffs...Does anyone know what size the file is? Because it says 5.02GB as the download size, but it's already downloaded6.77GB and it's still going  :knuppel2:
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Zulu1966

Quote from: JudgeDredd on January 31, 2015, 04:38:44 AM
ffs...Does anyone know what size the file is? Because it says 5.02GB as the download size, but it's already downloaded6.77GB and it's still going  :knuppel2:

Its ok best to leave it running - mine did the same - but everyyhing installed ok. Loaded a scenario  up - freaking awesome ... going to enjoy this one.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

JudgeDredd

It has now finished, but it reported 7.3GB!!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Yskonyn

#82
At least you guys can play after a bit of work and frustration.
Look at the bright side: I, for one, am still stuck at some hotel without a laptop and I won't be home until 6am tomorrow morning. Then need to sleep. So my earliest intro with the full game will be in 28 hrs or so from now.
You are all just a bunch of entitled whiners! [emoji1]

Yes you too! *point to the back*
And you can sit down again too, cause I meant you too. *points to the side*

.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

fabius

Downloaded mine first thing this morning, was faster.

Have to work this afternoon, but going to "get-some" tonight.

RyanE

Mine finally finished its download after I went to bed.  I am genuinely curious what is going on.  There are still people on the BFC forums saying they are getting very slow downloads.  There has to be something wrong on the server side.

Jarhead0331

Mine finished overnight too.

I'm annoyed to see that Battlefront still has not figured out a way to solve the webroot AV problem. Why do I have disable my realtime shield in order to play this game? Totally unacceptable.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


jomni

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 31, 2015, 07:08:43 AM
Mine finished overnight too.

I'm annoyed to see that Battlefront still has not figured out a way to solve the webroot AV problem. Why do I have disable my realtime shield in order to play this game? Totally unacceptable.

I think I'm fine.  No need to fiddle with AV settings.  I'm using Avira.

JudgeDredd

I'm currently assaulting the banks of the Dnieper  ;D
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Yskonyn

Norton is fine with my CM games too, as long as I mark them in its whitelist.


.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

jomni

My first mission is a quick battle.  Russia vs Ukraine.  I play the Russians on the attack.



More pictures in the screenshot section.
http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=948.msg328175#msg328175