Hps sims new game - vengence

Started by Grim.Reaper, February 10, 2015, 07:21:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper

Looks interesting, not sure what to make of it.. 

http://www.hpssims.com/Pages/Products/JLSSG/Vengeance/Vengeance.asp

Tactical combat from the Dark Ages to the Renaissance.
The dark raven with horned beak, and the livid toad, the eagle and kite, the hound and wolfin mottled hue, were long refreshed by these delicacies...

Over a thousand years of Vengeance!

From the Dark Ages to the advent of gunpowder, return to the dayswhen war was the sport of nobles and ravagers who understood thatcourage, guile, and leadership were the main principles of warfare.

Jarhead0331

Interesting OOB and list of heroes. Could be interesting...who is going to find out?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Nefaro

All gonna depend on how the mechanics work but I don't see any way to closely examine that before purchase.

PAK

Might be interesting. Tactical combat with emphasis on leaders (You can play as Vlad Tepes himself, well, well - second screenie). But the graphics... I really don't need bloom and mega antialiansing, but HPS should after all acknowledge that we live in the XXI-st century...

jomni

#4
Looks so old school. :D  Nice platform for a Japanese mod.

Gusington

Wow...love the time period. But my eyes...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: PAK on February 10, 2015, 08:36:45 AM
Might be interesting. Tactical combat with emphasis on leaders (You can play as Vlad Tepes himself, well, well - second screenie). But the graphics... I really don't need bloom and mega antialiansing, but HPS should after all acknowledge that we live in the XXI-st century...

  Yep.  Nice winged Hussar.  The thing is that even boardgames have gotten so pretty that if I just gotta play some medieval battle, I can haul out plenty of those and at least enjoy the artwork.  Prettiness is pretty important in a game I think, which is why I'm playing a lot of To End all Wars these days -- now that is a very pretty game.

Asid

The price is below what they normally charge :)

The colours are dull instead of the Luminous greens and yellows  :D

Looks interesting though
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Grim.Reaper

Never bought download version from Hps, does anyone know if it is an immediate download and being able to play?  Or is there some waiting period?

Nefaro

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 10, 2015, 11:24:29 AM
Never bought download version from Hps, does anyone know if it is an immediate download and being able to play?  Or is there some waiting period?

I think it's an immediate d/l link.  Or one that is automatically sent to your email.  I can't recall which, it's been well over a year since I last ordered one there.  But I do recall that it was pretty much instant.  Just make sure you back it up quickly because I don't think you can go back and d/l it again after a certain period of time without some hoop jumping.

magnus

 Looks just like Medieval 2 with slightly better graphics.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: magnus on February 10, 2015, 12:38:11 PM
Looks just like Medieval 2 with slightly better graphics.

Do you mean medieval 2 total war or some other game?

PAK

Quote from: Gusington on February 10, 2015, 09:19:48 AM
Wow...love the time period. But my eyes...

Only hope, it would be moddable

Anguille


spelk

#14
Its a Jeff Lapkoff game

http://www.digitalgameworks.com/vengeance.html

Dev log
http://www.digitalgameworks.com/devlog.html

It looks like a more up to date version of his Custers Last (Stand) Command engine, only different time period etc.

http://www.digitalgameworks.com/custer.html





I've been a fan of his Anglo-Zulu War games (Zulu War, and The Drift 1879) in the past - and his games are playable, but the interface usually leaves a little to be desired. Think sort of old-school Visual Basic style. I think he's getting a lot better design wise.

His Alamo game is very much the forerunner for The Drift 1879.

I've bought the games (Zulu War, The Alamo and The Drift 1879) direct from Jeff, and its usually a pay and wait for an email. One or two times I've had to mail him and remind him to get the code to me, but its only even been a day or two. Now that he's teamed up with HPS (and I think he works on other HPS titles, as well as his own) perhaps its all a little more smoother?

I've been trying to decide whether to give this a punt or not, but I might wait and see.