Mount & Blade Warband question

Started by Oche, April 27, 2012, 10:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Oche

I have a question i always forget to ask about warband gameplay settings and what better forum than to ask here that seems to draw a lot of MB supporters.

Is there any way to FIX the keyboard gameplay control settings so i don't have to change them every f*#%ing time i load MB warband? (i've been playing for more than 8 months, but man, i've had it with this issue  >:()   

Nefaro

I've never had that problem.  :o

Do you have the game shortcut set to "Run As Admin"?  Perhaps it's Windows isn't allowing the file to be written to.  That or I'd check to see if the settings file is, for some reason, set to "read only".  It must not be located in a separate User folder, so if it's in the Program Files folder (default?) then this is the most likely cause. 

I started installing all games to a separate C:\Games folder these days so that I don't have to worry about such overzealous Windows protection messing with them.  Besides turning off UAC, I also still set each one's shortcut to "Run As Admin" just to be sure.

Bison

I'm not sure I've never actually changed any of my keyboard settings.

Oche

Quote from: Nefaro on April 27, 2012, 01:37:58 PM
I've never had that problem.  :o

Do you have the game shortcut set to "Run As Admin"?  Perhaps it's Windows isn't allowing the file to be written to.  That or I'd check to see if the settings file is, for some reason, set to "read only".  It must not be located in a separate User folder, so if it's in the Program Files folder (default?) then this is the most likely cause. 

I started installing all games to a separate C:\Games folder these days so that I don't have to worry about such overzealous Windows protection messing with them.  Besides turning off UAC, I also still set each one's shortcut to "Run As Admin" just to be sure.

Neither of those. It is not set to run as admin, not a read only file nor is the game root folder located in the program files. The game is installed in a custom folder. Thanks anyhow, i'll eventually crack this issue  ;D