The Bastard Executioner

Started by MetalDog, February 24, 2015, 07:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Pfft - it was me but could have been any of the regulars...or irregulars...here.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on October 01, 2015, 05:58:11 PM
Pfft - it was me but could have been any of the regulars...or irregulars...here.

LIES!  LIES & DECEIT!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Gratuitous sex is the best kind of sex. I usually just turn down the planned, organized, rational sex. Who wants that? The only part of this show I don't buy is Sutter as the Leper-Lover. What happens if that things falls off during sex with Katey? Does she get to keep it?  :idiot2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Time for Katey to get the Turkey Baster out. They had Turkey Basters in medieval England right?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 06, 2015, 10:46:22 PM
Time for Katey to get the Turkey Baster out. They had Turkey Basters in medieval England right?

Bellows..

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

Crap...I've fallen behind now by two episodes trying to catch up with The Walking Dead...gotta catch up.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Quit playing games and watch TV! I'm sorry. Did I just say that?

MetalDog

So, where are we on this?  Any of the rest of you still watching weekly?  Last week was off, due to the World Series (?) I guess?  Anyways, there is one more episode before the season finale.  Things are proceeding apace.  Storylines advancing.  Plot points coming clearer.  I'll see it through to the end.  Probably be waiting for it to come back on next September.

Having said all that, it's slow.  And I don't like the actor playing the main character.  And the chamberlain doesn't seem to fit.  He seems too...20th Century, not 13th.  And it bugs me that they can't seem to make up their mind about how backwater the Baroness' realm is. Or how big.  Several other things, too, I'm sure. 

I love the Baroness.  She reminds me very much of a girl I knew in high school.  And her maid is sassy and cute, too.  I like the story they are trying to set up.  I like that bastard Galen from SoA is playing a priest in this one.  I hope Kurt Sutter actually sticks around in this time.  Maybe he'll help Katey Sagal with that horrible accent she is affecting.

As long as it continues to be mildly entertaining, I will continue to watch.  It IS Kurt Sutter after all. 

Silent Disapproval Robot

I watched about 15 minutes of the first episode and turned it off as soon as they rammed the DIVERSITY!!! message down my throat.  WTF is a muslim couple doing living happily alongside a bunch of Welsh Christians in the 13th century?

MetalDog

My guess is it helps set some things up for Katey Sagal's character.  Other than that, I'm 'WTF' with ya'!

WallysWorld

I'm still watching it. I agree it's a bit slow moving, but I do like the court intrigue. Tonight's episode was quite good.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Nefaro

Quote from: MetalDog on November 03, 2015, 11:44:58 PM
So, where are we on this?  Any of the rest of you still watching weekly?  Last week was off, due to the World Series (?) I guess?  Anyways, there is one more episode before the season finale.  Things are proceeding apace.  Storylines advancing.  Plot points coming clearer.  I'll see it through to the end.  Probably be waiting for it to come back on next September.

Having said all that, it's slow.  And I don't like the actor playing the main character.  And the chamberlain doesn't seem to fit.  He seems too...20th Century, not 13th.  And it bugs me that they can't seem to make up their mind about how backwater the Baroness' realm is. Or how big.  Several other things, too, I'm sure. 

I love the Baroness.  She reminds me very much of a girl I knew in high school.  And her maid is sassy and cute, too.  I like the story they are trying to set up.  I like that bastard Galen from SoA is playing a priest in this one.  I hope Kurt Sutter actually sticks around in this time.  Maybe he'll help Katey Sagal with that horrible accent she is affecting.

As long as it continues to be mildly entertaining, I will continue to watch.  It IS Kurt Sutter after all.

I've not watched the last two or three episodes because it's so slow and parts of the story are just meh.

Like you, I think the Baroness has been the only part keeping my attention.