Graviteam's Steel Armor Blaze of War returns

Started by Krabb, March 02, 2015, 10:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Pinetree

Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Jarhead0331

Quote from: jomni on May 19, 2015, 06:55:04 AM
Cheaper than Steel Beasts.
Prettier than Steel Beasts.
And it has campaigns to boot.

But of course these are just 3rd World Tanks.  O0

More accessible than steel beasts too.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Skoop

#47
For that price, I'll jump'in. 

I'd love to see them add crewable tanks to graviteam tactics.  When it comes to that game I'd rather just play combat mission, but if you add crewable vehicles, well now there's a reason to think other wise.

PanzersEast

I recommend it.  I've had some good battles and the new interface is easy to get into.  The latest update has helped it go a long way since the last time I jumped into it.


PE

Toonces

SABOW rocks.  It has the Toonces seal of approval and my firm recommendation!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Cyrano

Is there any hope that this series will receive MP?

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Asid

Quote from: Cyrano on May 21, 2015, 08:57:33 AM
Is there any hope that this series will receive MP?

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)

Graviteam are a small company with limited resources. They have said that single player is the priority but depending on the success of the product then MP is a possibility in the future.

GTOS and SABOW have the "Network" option in the settings already though they are not functional.

Regards
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

jomni

Another patch (May2015b, Gamersgate) is out.

Skoop

Games well worth the seven bucks I paid for it, glad I picked it up.

Only complaint is that I wish they would make the graviteam rts games have crewable vehicles.  I'd love to see panzers and t-34s with SABOW's engine.  Steel fury doent cut it, I want to crew a panzer or t-34 in SABOW's campaign system.

-budd-

hows does steel fury compare, i know its the older one but is the UI really different. I'm partial to WW2 tanks also.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Skoop

It's ok, I'd boot it up if you already have it.  There's a ton of mods and senarios for it, but I'd rather see the graviteam devs bring WWII to the SABOW engine. 

There's only 2 crewable tanks in SABOW, and it's cool they went for more obscure conflicts.  So future dev paths would be Yom Kippur or go more Modern into the timeline, but I'd steer clear cuz steel beasts has that locked up.  I'd rather they go the other direction in the timeline towards WWII, no ones really doing it at the moment at high fidelity.

Asid

Quote from: -budd- on May 25, 2015, 01:59:50 PM
hows does steel fury compare, i know its the older one but is the UI really different. I'm partial to WW2 tanks also.

I use it and think its great. Especially with the STA mod.
UI is different but easy to learn

More info here
http://dogsofwarvu.com/forum/index.php/topic,338.0.html

Regards
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

-budd-

Book marking that site, thx. I'll pick it up when it hits a sale. I've had it in the basket on other sales but just didn't pull the trigger. I've been playing Steel Armor the past couple of hours and i'm enjoying it. Once i buy I'll probably need your advice to get the mods and mission packs in. I'm familar with JSME so that should help, thx again.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Asid

Quote from: -budd- on May 25, 2015, 03:40:07 PM
Once i buy I'll probably need your advice to get the mods and mission packs in. I'm familar with JSME so that should help, thx again.

No problem. I am happy to help :)
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Jarhead0331

#59
ASID...how do I know if that STA mod is installed properly for Steel Fury? i don't see anything different in the menu interface. JGSME says all six mods are active and installed.

EDIT: Nevermind, bro. I got it. It was a JGSME issue.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18