I want my....I want my Fridayyyy threadddddd.....

Started by Toonces, March 06, 2015, 03:24:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Capn Darwin

A few X-Com Long War b14 missions, maybe load beta15 and give that a spin. Plus work on Red Storm updates. Have a few other games on Steam to try out too.
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

JudgeDredd

Well, I haven't played a driving game in a while, so either F1 2014 or Assetto Corsa

Also - most likely - is the superb Far Cry 4. Bloody superb.

War in the West can just bally well wait as it pissed me off last night! One of my big problems with WitW (and WitE) is I never seem to know what and when to attack. I'm pretty sure last night I was attacking bigger, fortified formations with a meagre force - and quick assault as well! So I always seem to lose more men than I should

Apart from that, likely not much. I expect I'll be trying to perfect my airbrushing for my models.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

MetalDog

JD, is there a way to lift the fog of war?  Recon vehicles or aircraft?  With big games like that, I know I sometimes forget obvious stuff until I have beat my head bloody against a wall of stupid. ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

vyshka


MetalDog

Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 06, 2015, 10:52:27 AM
On WitW? Yes - you can play with FoW off

Sorry.  I meant in the context of the game.  Like sending recon vehicles or airplanes to scout territory, thus, giving you a look at what's around you.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

JudgeDredd

Yeah you can do lots of recon with aircraft but that seems to come up vague - as in, there be dragons 'ere - but no hard intel. Perhaps it gets better the more you recon, I don't really know. I've only had 7 turns on Op Husky and I wasn't really controlling recon (so wasn't focusing on one or two hexes)

As for units, it seems to be that you find out once you are next to them - but what I actually meant was I don't know what the symbols are. So I need to look at the manual. I did for WitE and went"aaaagh..." - but then I forgot  :-[
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

MetalDog

Gotcha.  Seems like it's time to brush up on your counters then :)  Might stop you from bringing a knife to a gun fight ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

JudgeDredd

Exactly...and sometimes not even a knife!  :-\
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

GDS_Starfury

Today, still wanted by the government, he survives as a soldier of fortune. If you have a problem... if no one else can help... and if you can find him (hint: look down)... maybe you can hire...

Gus Team : SEAL
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Cyrano

Black Sea and Panzer Battles with Doug (PBEM)

Campaign Leipzig toonament over at TheBlitz.  There really are some cool scenarios in that game.

Dead tree game supplement review.

Must teach the boy "Ambush!"

C&C: Napoleonics...the 100 Days is UNDERWAY!

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Rayfer

American Civil War 2 keeps drawing me back. Great game.

Sir Slash

Attila TW as the Huns. Taking peoples shit away from them and then burning down they're hovels. Never gets old. And if my conscience begins to bother me, I'll do something nice to somebody in Skyrim.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BanzaiCat

Might not get my new rig this weekend...too much resistance from the wife to do it immediately. Admittedly there is a fence to repair, the house needs painting, and there's trees that need to be removed, though there should be some left to get that damn computer finally. I hope anyway.

If not I have lots of stuff I want to do...Vietnam 65 is definitely one after Boggit's (p)review and the discussions here. Might start Witcher (I) finally. Also moving through a campaign in DA: Origins Enhanced Edition with my dual-wielding Dailish Elf in the blood plate armor (fun stuff).

I do want to get some boardgaming in though...Cruel Necessity, Ottoman Sunset, and Hapsburg Eclipse are all here in my desk bookshelf, mocking me. I should have a copy of the new Hornet Leader coming from DVG for review...I'm hoping it'll get here this weekend!

BanzaiCat

If we had access to pics of Gus in military attire, I could run it through Premiere and create a video with GUS TEAM: SEAL and run the A-Team theme underneath. Just sayin'.