Main Menu

Cities: Skylines

Started by Grim.Reaper, March 06, 2015, 07:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Capn Darwin

I'll have to get this. My wife will be all over a game like this for sure. Assuming she can step away from the destruction of empires in Civ 5 or blowing things up in Besieged.  O0
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

Martok

Well there's certainly not much question that The Escapist likes it: 

"The Best City Builder in a Decade"

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

JudgeDredd

Well, that's sold me.

Oh....I have it!  ;D  O0
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

PanzersEast

Screw you guys.... I purchased.  GMG VIP suckas  8)


PE

Huw the Poo

Hmmm this all sounds very tempting.  It's taking a lot of willpower for me not to pull the trigger.  But I'm trying desperately to scrape together the cash for a new 'puter.

This is second on my wishlist now though, only after Star Ruler 2.

JudgeDredd

A close up, down and dirty with the traffic at my City limits
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

tgb

#51
What's the best way to deal with garbage when you have a population of under 500 and haven't unlocked the dump?  By the time my cities get to about 300, folks start moving out because the sewage is backing up.

[edit]Never mind.  When I went back to my game I realized I never ran power to the sewage processing facility. 

sandman2575

JD, how are you dealing with the speed issue?  Does it still feel a bit too fast even on slowest setting? Or are you getting more used to it?

JudgeDredd

Quote from: tgb on March 11, 2015, 05:48:58 PM
What's the best way to deal with garbage when you have a population of under 500 and haven't unlocked the dump?  By the time my cities get to about 300, folks start moving out because the sewage is backing up.

[edit]Never mind.  When I went back to my game I realized I never ran power to the sewage processing facility.
lol - done that.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

Quote from: sandman2575 on March 11, 2015, 08:35:34 PM
JD, how are you dealing with the speed issue?  Does it still feel a bit too fast even on slowest setting? Or are you getting more used to it?
I've adapted. I pause a fair bit. But also, once you understand things, it's not a huge issue
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

tgb

Yeah, I find the slowest speed perfectly manageable, and only pause when unlocking something new.  The other two are still too fast for my taste.

JudgeDredd

I couldn't possibly venture anywhere NEAR the other two buttons!  ;D
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

jomni

Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 12, 2015, 03:07:55 AM
I couldn't possibly venture anywhere NEAR the other two buttons!  ;D

You might need the faster speeds it if you have finished expanding and just want to watch and earn money. Is there a lot to do aside from building?

PanzersEast

I can say after playing that the game is worth a purchase and at its current price on VIP from GMG, it really is a no brainer.


PE

JudgeDredd

#59
aight. I was kind of holding short of fully recommending it because it's early days - but I have most definitely not been disappointed by any aspect of it.

Oh - and I mentioned earlier about the tweet thingy - it actually is somewhat repetitive - but I still don't mind it and don't envisage switching it off

The one thing I do tend to want to do is upgrade roads. But often just removing a road and putting a new one down (even of the same width...like a two way road to a one way dual lane road) seems to destroy the buildings either side.

I guess what I'm going to have to do is build other areas and close some places down to ease congestion. I did build a bus terminus and put stops in on two routes and that eased it somewhat.

Also - I'm unsure of the benefits of paths for pedestrians

I think I just need to learn not to pack everything in - leave gaps, no over crowding. but of course, that will affect your public services (you need more for a larger area)...

Great game. Huge thumbs up.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people