Main Menu

Cities: Skylines

Started by Grim.Reaper, March 06, 2015, 07:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

Well - it is a pita demolishing buildings - but the real pita is not knowing what the problem is.

I might be missing something, but the information I need doesn't seem to be there. Like - why do I need so many workers when I have high residential right next door AND I have plenty of accommodation (well...the Residential zones is low)

I think there is also another issue...look at the amount of dead people in this screenie (which is a fraction of the city...zoom in at other places and you see many, many more)


I have plenty of healthcare dotted around and plenty of cemetery space. I know people die - so ok...but it's the speed at which these bodies are not being picked up...red icon means they've been there a considerable amount of time.

On top of that - the tweet thing keeps telling me "How do you report a rotting body" and "If there's a dead person lying around, who should I report it to"

I love the game, but I'm missing info (I think) or I just can't find it.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

I don't know if there's a bug in the game...but my landfills are filling up and so I built an incinerator. When my landfills filled up, I had to create another one and then select Empty Landfill. Now the manual says it will empty to an Incinerator if there's one available and if not, it will empty to a landfill...but I've actually followed trucks I set to empty a landfill and watched it drive to another landfill and empty there...what's with that?

I don't want to build a landfill so it fills up with the crap from another one...I'm emptying it so I can re-use it as opposed to building more!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Huw the Poo

Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 15, 2015, 04:00:12 PM
I have plenty of healthcare dotted around and plenty of cemetery space. I know people die - so ok...but it's the speed at which these bodies are not being picked up...red icon means they've been there a considerable amount of time.

On top of that - the tweet thing keeps telling me "How do you report a rotting body" and "If there's a dead person lying around, who should I report it to"

Well, I suspect you don't need ambulances for this.  There must be some kind of building you haven't built yet, would be my guess (not that I've played or even have the game).

tgb


JudgeDredd

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 15, 2015, 05:34:49 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 15, 2015, 04:00:12 PM
I have plenty of healthcare dotted around and plenty of cemetery space. I know people die - so ok...but it's the speed at which these bodies are not being picked up...red icon means they've been there a considerable amount of time.

On top of that - the tweet thing keeps telling me "How do you report a rotting body" and "If there's a dead person lying around, who should I report it to"

Well, I suspect you don't need ambulances for this.  There must be some kind of building you haven't built yet, would be my guess (not that I've played or even have the game).
Dead people don't need ambulances - that is true. But I've got cemeteries dotted all over my city. I can't remember the count...but each cemetery takes 3000 corpses and has 5 hearses. All of my cemeteries report their hearses are out.

There is a crematorium to buy but you can't buy that until you've got a certain level of population.

Maybe it's traffic.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

undercovergeek

first turn crashed and burned - ran out of money getting fancy with my roads, built power station too far away to keep my people happy and then the pumping station ran out of power, no water - everyone leaves

back in in 10 mins after a cuppa

JudgeDredd

lol

It does bring to the fore how difficult it must be to actually run a city - and we don't have to do the vast majority of stuff real councils do
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Barthheart

#97
Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 16, 2015, 01:20:53 AM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 15, 2015, 05:34:49 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 15, 2015, 04:00:12 PM
I have plenty of healthcare dotted around and plenty of cemetery space. I know people die - so ok...but it's the speed at which these bodies are not being picked up...red icon means they've been there a considerable amount of time.

On top of that - the tweet thing keeps telling me "How do you report a rotting body" and "If there's a dead person lying around, who should I report it to"

Well, I suspect you don't need ambulances for this.  There must be some kind of building you haven't built yet, would be my guess (not that I've played or even have the game).
Dead people don't need ambulances - that is true. But I've got cemeteries dotted all over my city. I can't remember the count...but each cemetery takes 3000 corpses and has 5 hearses. All of my cemeteries report their hearses are out.

There is a crematorium to buy but you can't buy that until you've got a certain level of population.

Maybe it's traffic.

One of the reviews I read said it was traffic that was the largest cause of fire burning un-controlled and dead people piling up in the streets. There seems to be a bug that on multi lane roads all the traffic jams into a single lane and the traffic grinds to a halt. This means that your hearses and fire trucks are perma stuck in traffic.

EDIT - Here's the review that mentions the same type of problems yer having....
http://kotaku.com/cities-skylines-the-kotaku-review-1690432932

Barthheart


WallysWorld

I caved in and bought the game and I'm liking it very much so far.

Although there are some issues that I hope are rectified:

1) The anti-aliasing in the game is pretty bad with lots of jaggies in the game. Using nVidia Inspector to turn on AA doesn't seem to make a difference. The mod Dynamic Resolution has helped quite a bit although with a good loss of frame rates with my GTX 970: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=406629464
2) I too have definitely seen traffic piling up in one lane with the second lane being almost empty. Not a lot of times, but it's definitely there.

Game play is very fun and the game is very easy to learn. Sometimes I just like to zoom in and watch the traffic and pediatricians move around.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Rangebound

Quote from: Bison on March 13, 2015, 07:56:19 AM
Hey welcome Rangebound and thanks for the tip.... not making it easy for me not to buy....  :P


Thank you for the welcome.  New to posting, but a long-time lurker of the GrogHeads forums.

Typically not interested in this type of game, so I also had my reservations about clicking the buy button.  Took the dive after watching several twitch streams, no regrets so far.


Quote from: tgb on March 13, 2015, 02:41:59 PM
One thing about the autosave mod is it creates a new slot every time, eating up disk space.  Plus there doesn't seem to be a way of easily deleting old saved games.  I'm thinking about turning the mod off for my next game.

Initially, I had to use windows explorer, but stumbled on the location to delete saves.... it's on the main page under "Content Manager" --> SAVEGAMES tab.

WallysWorld

Quote from: Barthheart on March 16, 2015, 07:33:59 AM
In other news: SimCity artist making mods for Cities:Skylines.  O0
http://kotaku.com/simcity-artist-now-making-sweet-cities-skylines-buildi-1691593903

That is nice! The game needs some variation on the building types.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Father Ted

Quote from: WallysWorld on March 16, 2015, 09:27:33 AM
Sometimes I just like to zoom in and watch the traffic and pediatricians move around.

You have a lot of sick children in your city?

WallysWorld

Quote from: Father Ted on March 16, 2015, 01:02:12 PM
Quote from: WallysWorld on March 16, 2015, 09:27:33 AM
Sometimes I just like to zoom in and watch the traffic and pediatricians move around.
You have a lot of sick children in your city?

Yes and a lot of pedestrians too.  ;D
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

undercovergeek

Spent 4 straight hours building a city - i have the pressure sores to prove it

so impressed with my masterpiece was i, with its heights, riverside condos, working bus system and flourish logging industry i started the screen capture software to come here and show off

and the screen capture software crashed the game

city

gone

:'(