Main Menu

Cities: Skylines

Started by Grim.Reaper, March 06, 2015, 07:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

nah, it was a work of art

JudgeDredd

I haven't had a single crash. I know that doesn't help you, but just saying. I've been ALT-TABing and using my screen grab software and no crashes at all

Sorry  ;)
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

undercovergeek

lol, its definitely the software not the game - once it had crashed the game wouldnt restart until id killed the screen capture stuff - shrug - ive learned a few build lessons - time to go back in

DennisS

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 16, 2015, 03:30:37 PM
Spent 4 straight hours building a city - i have the pressure sores to prove it

so impressed with my masterpiece was i, with its heights, riverside condos, working bus system and flourish logging industry i started the screen capture software to come here and show off

and the screen capture software crashed the game

city

gone

:'(

The only reproducible crash that I am aware of is having a cargo train station, then hitting pause. When you start back up, it will crash.

undercovergeek

definitely Dxtory's fault not the games

JudgeDredd

My city was going well...I'm up to 80% happiness and I've got a university, some schools and a couple of colleges. Population is 12,500. I need 6090 workers and I've got 5832 of those positions filled. I've got bus lanes, two extensive subways to transport people from residential to office and industry.

But I'm suffering from a HUGE amount of deaths, traffic is absolutely chaos even though I've put the buses and tube stations in and I've got a huge amount of buildings needing demolished.

So I'm starting a new city

For the record - someone mentioned it earlier - GIVE US SMALL ROUNDABOUTS. The roundabouts in the game a freakin huge!  :uglystupid2:
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Pete Dero

Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 17, 2015, 01:10:10 PM
But I'm suffering from a HUGE amount of deaths

People on the forums say this is normal : this huge death-waves are a thing of huge population waves that come in your city. they all have the same age and after a while, they die close to eachother. Only thing to avoid that is very slow growing. Or live with the deaths. after a few weeks, new people get into the abondan buildings.

DennisS

Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 17, 2015, 01:10:10 PM
My city was going well...I'm up to 80% happiness and I've got a university, some schools and a couple of colleges. Population is 12,500. I need 6090 workers and I've got 5832 of those positions filled. I've got bus lanes, two extensive subways to transport people from residential to office and industry.

But I'm suffering from a HUGE amount of deaths, traffic is absolutely chaos even though I've put the buses and tube stations in and I've got a huge amount of buildings needing demolished.

So I'm starting a new city

For the record - someone mentioned it earlier - GIVE US SMALL ROUNDABOUTS. The roundabouts in the game a freakin huge!  :uglystupid2:

You can make your own roundabouts, like I do. Take a one way, two lane street. Use the tool that allows you to bend it. Forward to the first line, left click to bend, advance to the second line. Repeat three times, and you have a roundabout.

This works amazing well if you place it an inch or two away from your main city entrance. Link the main highways directly to your roundabout, and you're gold.

undercovergeek

Having bought the 2 neighbouring provinces I'm in the process of moving industry to the east one, commerce to the west one and residential in the middle - it's working so far and having converted the industry to oil its pulling in a fortune, people complain about the refineries but they can't even see it!!

Had a brief 10 minutes of supplying people their own s*** to drink but that got sorted

And I built my own off ramp which is hilarious as it forces incoming trucks to jam their brakes on to make the turn, and for about 30 mins the off ramp was 2 way which allowed people to drive onto the wrong side of the highway then madly 3 point turn and come back into town again

Good times in undercovergeeksville

Huw the Poo

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 17, 2015, 02:01:09 PM
And I built my own off ramp which is hilarious as it forces incoming trucks to jam their brakes on to make the turn, and for about 30 mins the off ramp was 2 way which allowed people to drive onto the wrong side of the highway then madly 3 point turn and come back into town again

You are a bad person!

jomni

Quote from: DennisS on March 17, 2015, 01:51:02 PM


You can make your own roundabouts, like I do. Take a one way, two lane street. Use the tool that allows you to bend it. Forward to the first line, left click to bend, advance to the second line. Repeat three times, and you have a roundabout.

This works amazing well if you place it an inch or two away from your main city entrance. Link the main highways directly to your roundabout, and you're gold.


Roundabouts should have no traffic lights.   Do these have traffic lights on intersections using this method?

DennisS

Quote from: jomni on March 17, 2015, 06:28:56 PM
Quote from: DennisS on March 17, 2015, 01:51:02 PM


You can make your own roundabouts, like I do. Take a one way, two lane street. Use the tool that allows you to bend it. Forward to the first line, left click to bend, advance to the second line. Repeat three times, and you have a roundabout.

This works amazing well if you place it an inch or two away from your main city entrance. Link the main highways directly to your roundabout, and you're gold.




Roundabouts should have no traffic lights.   Do these have traffic lights on intersections using this method?

Nope. Works like a champ, and you can make them as big, or as small, as you want.

JudgeDredd

#118
Quote from: jomni on March 17, 2015, 06:28:56 PM
Quote from: DennisS on March 17, 2015, 01:51:02 PM


You can make your own roundabouts, like I do. Take a one way, two lane street. Use the tool that allows you to bend it. Forward to the first line, left click to bend, advance to the second line. Repeat three times, and you have a roundabout.

This works amazing well if you place it an inch or two away from your main city entrance. Link the main highways directly to your roundabout, and you're gold.


Roundabouts should have no traffic lights.   Do these have traffic lights on intersections using this method?
You need to visit Britain mate. They have totally taken a great idea (roundabouts) and totally f*cked it up almost everywhere! We've got directions on roundabouts, lights on roundabouts, roundabouts within roundabouts, lane throwing on rounadabouts, traffic lanes GOING THROUGH roundabouts!  :uglystupid2:  :crazy2:
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

jomni