Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

Barthheart

Gibson: "Nav, find me that bloody dam before the tail falls off!"
Nav: "Working in it sir..."

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 5, total 11[/blockquote]

Barthheart

Silent Disapproval Robot

Because the 1st wave formation is uncoordinated, the bombers will be arriving at different times.
Roll 1D6 for each plane in order to see which turn they arrive on.  Either Stagger or UCG can fire a Very Light flare to aid your flight in finding that dam.  This will allow you to subtract 1 from the die rolls.  EDIT: and you have a plane there as well, I forgot.  If you want, that plane can fire a Very Light.

Also, anyone who's in the circling near or circling far box on turn 1 can roll 2D6 in order to determine local weather.  (Whoever checks in first can make the roll as everyone's got 1 plane in the circling near box.)

Barthheart

AJ-P rolls for weather.

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 4, total 6[/blockquote]

Barthheart

AJ-G rolls for timing:

[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]

AJ-M rolls for timing:

Silent Disapproval Robot

There's a light mist partially obscuring the surface of the reservoir.  This will make determining altitude more difficult.

AJ-G and AJ-M will arrive on turn 2.

Decide which of the bombers in the circling near box will make the initial run.

Barthheart

Flight leader should make the first pass - AJ-L.... lead from the front.  O0

Silent Disapproval Robot

OK, Shannon will make the initial run.  Stagger, roll 1D6 two times to determine the viability of your approach vector.  There's no flak present at the dam so you needn't worry about turning the Aldis lights on or off.  Shannon's elite status allows him to roll two dice instead of one for his approach vector and keep the best roll.  6 is best, 1 is worst.

Staggerwing

Aboard AJ-L, Lead 2nd Wave pilot Shannon gets back on the intercom- "Chaps- we'll be taking a run at 'er so light the Aldis. Sumpter, It'll be your show soon enough so look lively man!'"

[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Silent Disapproval Robot

QuoteDespite badly mishandling his initial dive, Shannon quickly manages to adjust.  He levels off at 65 ft and 220 mph but those adjustments used too much time.

Your approach was not good and you lost 2 of your 3 speed  and altitude chits.  You gained one altitude chit back due to the Very Light.  You got pretty lucky with the chit draws though.  Your speed is perfect but altitude is a little high.  The poor initial run means you'll take a -1 penalty to see if you clear the mountain when pulling up.  Do you want to release the bomb now (-2 early release penalty), pull up to circle and try again, or continue with your run?

Staggerwing

What roll results are needed to clear the mountains?

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

Silent Disapproval Robot

4 or better on 2D6 before penalties. 

Staggerwing

So I need a 5 or better? Just the one -1 penalty?

Silent Disapproval Robot

As of now.  There's a risk/reward component to runs on this dam.  If you look at the speed an altitude chits that you currently have, you'll see they tell you how many chits your can draw when it comes time to release your bomb.  AS of now, you can draw 3 speed chits and two altitude chits.  You flip the chits over to their pink side and they'll have an attack bonus number from 0 to +4.  At other dams, you'd just take the one with the highest bonus.  On the reverse side of some of the chits, there may also be a small black diamond with the letter M in the middle of it.  Each diamond adds a further penalty for the roll to see if you hit the mountain.  As such, you have to decide if it's better to take a +4 chit with an M on it or a +3 chit with no M.