Main Menu

Games on Pre-order

Started by Bison, April 30, 2012, 10:16:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bison

As often as I told myself I'd never pre-order another game, I find that sometimes I just cannot help myself.   Currently I've got 2 games on pre-order and I'm only confident one of them won't be a release day disaster.

Diablo 3  (This game will rock.  If Blizzard does anything, they release a well QA/QC product)
Warlock: Master of the Arcane  (I'm afraid, very afraid about the condition this will release in on the 8th.  It's Paradox and that is cause enough for concern.  I just want a good fantasy 4X game.  I cannot help myself.)

Anyone else got games they just had to foolishly breakdown and pre-order?

Gusington

Diablo III here too, and the companion book. I want to pre-order Commander: The Great War but it's isn't available yet for pre-order. At least it wasn't the last time I checked. Not that it matters as it comes out in two weeks, allegedly.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Bison on April 30, 2012, 10:16:23 AM
As often as I told myself I'd never pre-order another game, I find that sometimes I just cannot help myself.   Currently I've got 2 games on pre-order and I'm only confident one of them won't be a release day disaster.

Diablo 3  (This game will rock.  If Blizzard does anything, they release a well QA/QC product)
Warlock: Master of the Arcane  (I'm afraid, very afraid about the condition this will release in on the 8th.  It's Paradox and that is cause enough for concern.  I just want a good fantasy 4X game.  I cannot help myself.)

Anyone else got games they just had to foolishly breakdown and pre-order?

Warlock hasn't released yet? Then I still have time.

Let me see how the latest build looks, Bison. My earlier experience with preview code suggests you're going to really like the game.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

undercovergeek

Port royale 3 is on order..... There's not much else on the horizon for me that's preorderable although I haven't looked into warlock that deeply.... Ill check it out

LongBlade

Quote from: undercovergeek on April 30, 2012, 10:29:14 AM
Port royale 3 is on order..... There's not much else on the horizon for me although I haven't looked into warlock that deeply.... Ill check it out

Turn-based fantasy strategy game. I found it pretty addicting. Need to dive in now and get something written.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

I am interested in Port Royale 3 but don't know much about it. I have the first two games around here somewhere but have never installed them. I played the original Patrician about 12 years ago.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

I'm waiting on Port Royale 3.  I have my doubts about it.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Bison on April 30, 2012, 10:48:27 AM
I'm waiting on Port Royale 3.  I have my doubts about it.

what are you doubting?

undercovergeek

Quote from: LongBlade on April 30, 2012, 10:31:12 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on April 30, 2012, 10:29:14 AM
Port royale 3 is on order..... There's not much else on the horizon for me although I haven't looked into warlock that deeply.... Ill check it out

Turn-based fantasy strategy game. I found it pretty addicting. Need to dive in now and get something written.

is this the one that looks like fantasy Civ?

Bison

That it will be an actual improvement over PR2 beyond a graphical upgrade.  I was disappointed by Patrician 4.

Bison

Quote from: undercovergeek on April 30, 2012, 11:26:21 AM
Quote from: LongBlade on April 30, 2012, 10:31:12 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on April 30, 2012, 10:29:14 AM
Port royale 3 is on order..... There's not much else on the horizon for me although I haven't looked into warlock that deeply.... Ill check it out

Turn-based fantasy strategy game. I found it pretty addicting. Need to dive in now and get something written.

is this the one that looks like fantasy Civ?
Yes.  It also looks like it uses the combat mechanics from the Fantasy Wars/Elven Legacy.

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Bison on April 30, 2012, 10:48:27 AM
I'm waiting on Port Royale 3.  I have my doubts about it.

Patrician IV (or whatever the number) was a decent upgrade. What are your doubts?

I have Warlock and Diablo 3 pre-ordered, as well as Guild Wars 2.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Bison

Pat3 took some really nice upgrades and then dorked with the system with removing all fleet management with captains and making marriages pointless.

LongBlade

I've gotta say that Warlock has a great "one more turn" feeling. Turns are short so it's easy to get lost in the "five more minutes syndrome."
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

Are there tactical battles in Warlock or does it play like Civ? Are there different ages to progress through? I am still recovering from bad purchase decisions in this genre! :/
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd