Main Menu

Games on Pre-order

Started by Bison, April 30, 2012, 10:16:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Kushan

Quote from: LongBlade on April 30, 2012, 04:45:01 PM
Quote from: Tpek on April 30, 2012, 03:55:52 PM
Quote from: Kushan on April 30, 2012, 03:04:26 PM
Only thing I have on pre-order right now is my two collector editions of Diablo 3. I'm going to wait for review on Warlock before I decide to buy it or not.

I am going to pre-order Endless Space sometime in the next week or so. I'm always on the look out for space 4x games.

Why 2 copies????


@Gus, well, LB is entitled to his opinion. I still believe Warlock (or Porkchop as I prefer to call it) is hardly even mediocre.
Frankly, Fallen Enchantress, the new Elemental, is far superior while still only being in early beta.

I'm curious about some of the specifics you're not liking. The AI is brain-dead, but I kinda like my strategy games that way. Warlock seems almost like a 4X kind of game in a fantasy setting. For me it's an easy game to play. Nothing stressful, I don't have to think, the next thing I know an hour has gone by and I've had a good time.

1 to keep sealed and put on my shelf full of Blizzard games, 1 to open and play.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Martok

If Kickstarter projects count, then I have a copy of StarDrive waiting for me when it comes out later this year. 

Still thinking about pre-ordering Endless Space too, but the damn Steam requirement has kept me from pulling the trigger. 




Quote from: Bison on April 30, 2012, 01:41:18 PM
As long as it's not an Elemental gaming experience I'll be happy.  I'm still suffering from Elemental shock.
Since I was dumb enough to pre-order War of Magic (the Limited Edition, no less), I'm automatically in for a copy of Fallen Enchantress as well.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed. 


"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Bison

Quote from: Martok on May 01, 2012, 12:45:46 AM
If Kickstarter projects count, then I have a copy of StarDrive waiting for me when it comes out later this year. 

Still thinking about pre-ordering Endless Space too, but the damn Steam requirement has kept me from pulling the trigger. 




Quote from: Bison on April 30, 2012, 01:41:18 PM
As long as it's not an Elemental gaming experience I'll be happy.  I'm still suffering from Elemental shock.
Since I was dumb enough to pre-order War of Magic (the Limited Edition, no less), I'm automatically in for a copy of Fallen Enchantress as well.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Yeah me too, but I'll not be downloading until it's several months past released and patched.  Here's to hoping Brad and team got it right this time.

Greybriar

Diablo III is the only game I have on pre-order right now.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Onion

Am I delusional thinking that the crazy amount of money raised for Wasteland 2 might indicate to somebody that there is a huge base of adults with disposable income looking for good quality games (ie: real RPG's) like  we remember from our youth that are not dumbed down console based twitchfests?

Unless of course they let Sid Meier "re-imagine" it for them (like Railroads)!

Gusington

^No, you're not. Thus the beauty of Kickstarter!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tpek

Add me to the list of nitwits who forgot they had Wasteland 2 on pre-order :P

@LB, Well, for once I am not such a great fan of the Civ series, and when it comes to fantasy mods, I liked that old Civ4-Complete mod much more than this fantasy one.
Research is sorely lacking and really simplistic and pointless. Annoying monsters keep roaming about causing endless amounts of nuisance, especially if they are flying ones and therefore require specific troops to use against.
You can barely build any buildings with what looks like a bad attempt to take Elemental's city development system and integrate it into the Civilization 5 engine.


LongBlade

Quote from: Tpek on May 01, 2012, 12:17:40 PM
Add me to the list of nitwits who forgot they had Wasteland 2 on pre-order :P

@LB, Well, for once I am not such a great fan of the Civ series, and when it comes to fantasy mods, I liked that old Civ4-Complete mod much more than this fantasy one.
Research is sorely lacking and really simplistic and pointless. Annoying monsters keep roaming about causing endless amounts of nuisance, especially if they are flying ones and therefore require specific troops to use against.
You can barely build any buildings with what looks like a bad attempt to take Elemental's city development system and integrate it into the Civilization 5 engine.

Hmmm.

OK.

I don't know what to say. It's hitting the sweet spot for me in terms of addictive quality.

Certainly I could knock its teeth out about how things shouldn't work (it would help if I had a game manual - cities are restricted to building only when the population is sufficient and I still haven't figured out how to make cities grow. They just do.).

The monsters are randomly distributed across the map and generally leave you alone, but overreaching will invite aggro.

Even so, I'm seeing a game that follows in the footsteps of Disciples II. I stayed away from Elemental due to all the bad press so I have not played it. The Civ games are good but frankly I get bored with all the sideshows - I'm not interested in conquering the world with the best culture. Give me armies and let them go forth. That's what Warlock does and I'm loving it.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

^No PDF manual or in-game manual in your build?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MIGMaster

I had to force myself to stop doing the pre-order thing. I was getting to the point I needed to get into a 28 day program!

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on May 01, 2012, 12:30:16 PM
^No PDF manual or in-game manual in your build?

Haven't found it. I think I've got a gold copy.

Still, you don't really need it. An "advisor" constantly pops up and explains stuff to you, and pop-up tool tips cover almost everything else. The in-game tutorial system is pretty tight. There are some details left out, but overall I'm hardly complaining. This is exactly how a game should be structured: you can sit down and start playing without touching any manual.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

^I am finding Hegemony to be similar. Except there is an in-game manual.

So Warlock is being released next week right? I will base my purchase on reviews.

It doesn't help that it's releasing a week before Diablo...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

I have not looked at Diablo, and in a move that will likely stun the gaming world I must confess I never played any of the earlier Diablos.

I sincerely doubt that Warlock will be some kind of Diablo-killer. It's a different kind of game. But if you're looking for a turn-based strategy game set in a fantasy world, I've gotta say that Warlock looks really good.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

^I just happen to be looking for that.

I would hazard a guess that many who are looking forward to Diablo would also like Warlock for all of it's magicky-dark fantasy content, despite the fact that it is a strategy game while Diablo is a hack 'n' slash.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Arctic Blast

Quote from: LongBlade on May 01, 2012, 12:43:32 PM
I have not looked at Diablo, and in a move that will likely stun the gaming world I must confess I never played any of the earlier Diablos.

You aren't alone. D3 will be my first Diablo.