Armello - It's Like A Game Of Thrones, But With Furries

Started by tgb, March 19, 2015, 06:02:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JasonPratt

Great! Already got it (obviously per the DAR), but I'd say it's definitely worth half price, probably worth full price (but a lot of other things in new release right now so why not spread the resources around more effectively.)

Btw, Amanda, if you got a Steam friend request from Sabreman, that's me. Your privacy's still important, of course; just taking the opportunity to clarify in case the problem was "who's that".  O:-) (I friended everyone in the Groghead group recently, not just you.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Nefaro

Sounds like they finally listened to all the Zoom fog complaints in the recent update.

Their After/Before shot of the zoomed out view:




Steady pressure, boys.  Steady pressure.   ;)





JasonPratt

From this I can only infer that Aslan invaded their dreams in the middle of the night and growled DAMMIT IF YOU'RE GOING TO MAKE A GAME WHERE I GO INSANE AND DIE AT LEAST LET PEOPLE SEE IT DO NOT TEST ME ON THIS I AM NOT A TAME LION!!

:))

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Huw the Poo

OK, I have to say that this is a really good game.  It's just complex enough without going overboard but is still very engaging and requires some careful plotting.  I also have to say that I haven't played such a highly polished game for ages.  The cards in particular are beautifully drawn and animated, and when you hover your cursor over one the name and signature of the artist appears.  Armello is just full of lovely little touches like these that make it an absolute joy to play, to the point where I really don't care whether I'm winning or losing, it's just fun.

Lovely game, I'm so glad I got it at last.

tgb

My biggest disappointment has been my inability to play the release version for more than 5 minutes without it crashing on me.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: tgb on December 05, 2015, 12:35:48 PM
My biggest disappointment has been my inability to play the release version for more than 5 minutes without it crashing on me.

Wow, didn't the devs get back to you on that?  I had an issue with Linux and they replied within hours and helped me fix it.

tgb

They keep putting out patches and I remain optimistic, but so far nothing has solved the problem.

Freyland

Really great game. Annoying that it won't run for rgb, since he is the one who got me interested in it.