Undercovergeek v Con - CMBS PBEM - Con can read if he wants to

Started by undercovergeek, March 23, 2015, 10:46:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 20, 2015, 01:16:02 PM
Today's colorfully ambiguous quote:

Quote from: ConThis is an exciting plan that I am sure my tankers are going to be happy to be part of.  (It might need a little more fleshing out)

TANKERS??? theres tanks?????

noone mentioned tanks!!   :o

JasonPratt

Keeping in mind, AFVers doesn't sound as macho. (It isn't necessarily tanks.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

undercovergeek

Just read an AAR where the writer doesnt really convey the overall battlefield or the units he highlights position on that battlefield. As a reader i was very disconnected from the units and their stories because i didnt know what part they were playing or where they were in relation to the rest of the battle. So without further a do ill post an overview of the battlefield that will show on it where the following snapshots take place so the reader can relate to the battle more - hope that helps!!

So heres the battle for the embankment

The snipers on the right spot an APC, they relay the position back to the AT guys catching up behind them, they will stop at the point and see if the can get an angle on the vehicle

In the middle the MG team trying to find the grenade launchers on the other side start taking fire from within the woods, the team leader takes a shot to the chest and goes down

The inactive right - the sniper team get intermittent glimpses of an APC on the treeline opposite, the Javelin armed HQ team head there to try and spot it. Behind them a HMMV is going to make a break across the bridge and see if anyone fires

JasonPratt

Quote from: ConI spot the commander standing naked atop his Tunguska shooting his Makarov pistol and cackling madly[,] showing the same fire discipline as a cocaine binged Tony Montana. [i.e.] like 16 year old Columbian pimps.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

undercovergeek

lmao - that sums up the last Apache run - lost 2  :-\

undercovergeek

Theres an RPG team sneaking about on my side of the tracks near the Mortar Strykers - a few grenade shots cause him to curl up and disappear from LOS but i dont think hes dead

Tee-Hee, this is a hellfire missile launched from a drone, yes that right, from the sky - I HAVE TANKS IN THE SKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Moooooahhahahahahahahaha

It lands here, hopefully on top of a Chuck-guska

and another to the left of the first, this was close to a sound contact so im hoping theres 'Chunks of Chuck (TM)' everywhere

....and one here, dont know what was there, Tunguska, RPG team, glory hole with Russian prostitute on other side of rickety wooden wall, who knows

This however, is not of my making, this looks like the incoming barrage that all those spotter rounds were for, see the HQ team just behind it? Never even flinched - we're hard core

The small personal battle between my MG team and the Russian trio ends with one guy left standing, he still has the MG so is still handy in a fight

A Stryker traverses the rail banks on Cons side and has LOS practically all the way down it - see if we cant put some holes in the grenade launcher chaps

Javelin team gets LOS on the APC but when they settle down to fire they lose LOS, i dont know if it moved or this is one of those 'Gusington Launcher' teams who cant see over the tall grass, DoD proposes a 4th member of the team to carry a little box to stand on

After a shaky start where its ass was in the wind for about 10 seconds the HMMV makes it over the bridge, no incoming enemy fire was teased from the forest - this guy will head to the exit zone at the far right

Left over view

Right overview

jomni

Quote10 prized Siberian Fighting cocks (heh heh heh he said cocks!) give their all for Mother Russia.....you shall be avenged!  The remaining chickens sensing freedom start flapping madly and scattering around.  Hopefully they will continue to draw US airpower after them.  These things are better than flares or decoys.

undercovergeek

JasonPratt

Well, no one can say that drone pilot wasn't chicken!

undercovergeek

Well, its all gone quiet for a few turns - a mix of both forces standing off whilst arty strikes land and watching for the next enemy thrust

Speaking of arty strikes half of Russia falls down on the left flank just as i move back into the woods. We lose an MG team and 2 casualties to a half squad, the whole platoon move back across the rail track and wait for it to finish

Using alternate hunt commands between mutually supporting Strykers and infantry we manage to mop up quite a few sneaky russian dogs in the woods. This was the grenade launcher causing mayhem a few turns ago

This was a HQ guy sneaking around my side of the tracks

And on the strip of woods going north towards Cons Tunguskas we find this guy, he looks like a crew member but i cant remember destroying anything above here for him to have abandoned, anyway - hes snipered

Next update - a cunning plan, more cunning than Mr Fox who has just graduated from Cunning University

undercovergeek

So, i have a cunning plan

Its taking an awful lot of work and time to get the snipers and the 2 Javelin teams up the spine of the map, and theres a distinct possibility of their destruction when they get there - so.......... lets send everyone up there!!

4th platoon, 4 strykers, the 2 ATG Strykers and the 2 HE Strykers are heading there now

JasonPratt

That.... is a plan. A plan I shall definitely not be hinting at to Con. (I haven't hinted any plans either way, just passed along colorful sayings with no plan details.)

I will be highly curious to see how this plays out.  :coolsmiley:

undercovergeek

3 seconds in the life of a Chuck-guska hunter, these things are brutal

and that was that!!

In the strip of woods the sneaky plan bears fruit - i have eyes on a Tunguska in the farm, an APC in the forest opposite my recon forces and a Kornet team near the chicken sheds - all should come under Javelin or Sniper fire this turn

JasonPratt

Argh! Cliffhanger coming up! -- Con will be going on a business trip for a week starting Monday.

undercovergeek