new 40k gaming coming. pre alpha footage

Started by jejo68, March 27, 2015, 01:37:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jejo68



And a link to their website https://www.eternalcrusade.com/

Looks cool

JasonPratt

This is the MMO, right? I've seen a few things already from some months ago that looked/sounded good.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Nefaro

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 27, 2015, 08:09:36 AM
This is the MMO, right? I've seen a few things already from some months ago that looked/sounded good.


It's a free-to-play arena shooter IIRC.  Not really an MMORPG.  Think of it like World of Tanks 40k, perhaps.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Nefaro on March 27, 2015, 08:27:20 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on March 27, 2015, 08:09:36 AM
This is the MMO, right? I've seen a few things already from some months ago that looked/sounded good.


It's a free-to-play arena shooter IIRC.  Not really an MMORPG.  Think of it like World of Tanks 40k, perhaps.

Another lost opportunity and waste of an awesome franchise.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


tgb

Evidently WotC is offering licenses for 40 cents and a piece of Bazooka.  I may just grab one myself.

jejo68

Quote from: Nefaro on March 27, 2015, 08:27:20 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on March 27, 2015, 08:09:36 AM
This is the MMO, right? I've seen a few things already from some months ago that looked/sounded good.


It's a free-to-play arena shooter IIRC.  Not really an MMORPG.  Think of it like World of Tanks 40k, perhaps.
Well they plan to make pve campaigns etc also. but right now are focused on the pvp play.

Nefaro

If it's still Free-To-Play when finished, I'll probably give it a try.

But I don't expect much.  :-\

Tpek

http://store.steampowered.com/app/375230

It's now available as Early Access on Steam.
Though it has been available for a long while now via their official website.

Anyone picked this up already?

Jarhead0331

I've been watching Let's Plays on youtube and I'm not really impressed so far. Now that its on steam though...who am I really kidding?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


spelk

Bought it, tried to play it, Create an account in game, no go. Create an account on the website, OK, activate account via email, Ok. Try to login in-game, no go. Read support threads, disable all Anti-Virus, no go. Read Steam support threads, tell you to send them an email. Hmmm. So I can register on their website, and their servers are up and running, but the game won't log me in... hmm, try to reset password in-game login screen, says my email address is invalid. The email address I signed up successfully to their website with, and activated my account via.

Steam refund.

Most of what I've seen of it in vids, is at the moment its like Space Marine multiplayer. This costly purchase gives you a founders pack, whatever that is, but right now it doesn't seem to allow you to login to the game and play what little of it there is.

As much as I'm obsessed with Space Marines, i can do without this hassle for a game I haven't seen the quality of yet, and already they're readying their stores and ad machinery to sell me more of it... Fuck that nonsense.

jomni