It's FRIDAY people...lets get this party started.....

Started by JudgeDredd, April 10, 2015, 01:14:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JasonPratt

This afternoon I had a hankering to play Democracy 3. The first 2/3 of my first year featured lots of riots in the street and things of that sort in Great Britain after I was elected PM and, after studying the various incomes and expenditures for a few hours, instituted a series of radical (and in many cases ultimately temporary) changes to get our economy out of the hole. But I recovered with some popular plans before the end of the year and from an approval rating somewhere in the teens, came back with enough of a lead to very solidly win my second term. Whereupon I began eliminating some of my 'wealthy' taxes in order to stimulate our GNP, and eliminating some of our more unpopular expenses; then started gradually increasing various government programs.

In my second and third elections, I picked up 98 and 100 percent of the votes respectively, after which the game began getting stale. (Also I'm not a big fan of how it treats religion, even though the 1.5% remaining religious people in Great Britain after my second year -- somehow! -- adored me. Its wildly outdated expectations on global warming hilariously hamper it, too. ;) )

Back to Ironcast.  :smitten:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Staggerwing

Quote from: undercovergeek on April 11, 2015, 05:20:34 PM
im trying to picture where each of those things would be - im hoping for everyones sake he doesnt need a bucket to keep his 'stuff' in

That would've been the sock.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

{studiously ignoring the other conversation for the sake of sanity...}

My second Ironcast campaign got a lot farther than my first, but self-destructed when I chose a hard mission that I thought I was ready for -- and which I might well have been ready for -- but to which I forgot to bring my new autoweapon.  ::) :P So I went in undergunned, or more undergunned than I would have been, the result being that I couldn't get rid of one of the enemy's more dangerous weapons in time, and he just outgunned me. (Like in a 'real' mech game, you have to choose which specific system to target for special damage beyond the general amount done. His missile launching system was just too awesome at splash damage, and with my puny level one rapid fire cannons I couldn't get rid of it fast enough.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

My third Ironcast campaign got off to a great start when I defeated a hard assignment on my second mission -- though I took so much damage I had to spend most of my earned metal on repairs. But I had enough left over for one more armor upgrade, and I leveled up twice on that mission which added two more half-strength armor upgrades (plus previous global experience upgrades from failed campaigns were giving me small amounts of extra armor per level, too).

Unfortunately, on my third mission -- a tricky mission where I started with no working weapons and had to survive until I could get them unjammed -- my heat sinks got overwhelmed and I was stuck damaging myself from heat buildup while desperately firing as my only feasible option to try to end the mission before the other guy shot me up. This might still have worked, but I missed one key shot and, well, the other guy repaired his missile shooter and ammo'd up enough to blast me twice and that was all she wrote.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Breaking news! -- I just got finished playing several missions of the old Act of War: Direct Action C&Cish game on my Win 8.1 system.

i.e. Act of War works on modern systems again. For this we can thank GoG.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Anguille

#66
I've been playing mostly Endless Space...the tensions with the 3 Meklar races (ehm Automons  ::)) has turned into an alliance. While i am not facing extinction or invasions anymore, i don't see how i can win this game as the Automons have such a huge advance (on all the other races by the way). My goal will be to be fourth...let's see...i am 1/2 way through (150 turns)...

The other game i've been playing as been  Pandora: first contact (first game and about 100 turns)....nice game O0...it's been a friendly campaign so far.

I've also launched Europa Universalis: Rome and read some of the tutorials....one of the many many games on my gamesiownandshouldplay list....

undercovergeek

Lots of getting blown up by Con and tip toeing round Jomni so far in the PBEMs

Spent a 'where the hell did the time go' 4 hours playing Disney Infinity with Junior, we unlocked the Attack Choppers and had a blast strafing baddies and each other - 'i want a helicopter game daddy' - im not sure how shell take DCS Blackshark for her 8th birthday

Toonces

I haven't played anything yet, just reading and surfing this weekend so far, but I just sat down with a big iced coffee and I'm going to boot up either SoW or ARMA 3.  Not sure which, yet, but one of them for sure.  I think SoW.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

GJK

I played some more SOW tonight - vs the AI.  We tried and tried to get co-op and multiplayer working but it was one thing or another.  The error log showed that we didn't have matching dds files so client was dropped.  So I figured that I'd just copy my entire mods folder to his computer and that made it worse; now he CTD's when we try and connect.  I figured that the mods weren't loaded properly so I just copied my entire SOW directory but he still CTD's when we try and load multiplayer.  So we gave up on it.  Shame, looked like it would of been a fun father-son thing.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

MetalDog

Got my usual Civ IV BtS mp in this weekend.  Got some Sovereignty, too.  Not as much as I would have liked, but, some nonetheless.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Kushan

#71
Setting up the revised gaming rig took longer then expected, but was able to sneak in a few hours of Sovereignty on my Surface Pro 3 while dealing with windows updates. So far really liking what I see, couple of things I hope they fix or change on the tactical maps, but I think Matrix may have a winner with this one.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Cougar_DK

Quote from: GJK on April 12, 2015, 09:53:48 PM
I played some more SOW tonight - vs the AI.  We tried and tried to get co-op and multiplayer working but it was one thing or another.  The error log showed that we didn't have matching dds files so client was dropped.  So I figured that I'd just copy my entire mods folder to his computer and that made it worse; now he CTD's when we try and connect.  I figured that the mods weren't loaded properly so I just copied my entire SOW directory but he still CTD's when we try and load multiplayer.  So we gave up on it.  Shame, looked like it would of been a fun father-son thing.

Not an expert in SOW, but I seem to remember that you have to activate the different mods from the main menu. Have you both activated the same mods? Why not try a fresh install on both pc's? :)
-Men do not quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Toonces

If you get your SoW MP sorted out let me know.  I might be willing to give it a try.  I played a couple of hours just now.  Did the Brigade tutorial and man, that was exhausting.  What a fight!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

GJK

Quote from: Toonces on April 13, 2015, 12:09:25 AM
If you get your SoW MP sorted out let me know.  I might be willing to give it a try.  I played a couple of hours just now.  Did the Brigade tutorial and man, that was exhausting.  What a fight!

Toonces: We might see if we can connect and play- I'm curious to know if it's my install, or the one on my sons computer, or both.

Coug- Yes, there is a "Modifications" menu where you enable/disable modifications that you have in your mods folder.  I've checked and on both PC's, the same mods are enabled.  I'll probably uninstall all of his and then reinstall and see if that helps first.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer