Livin' after FRIDAY, rocking too the dawn

Started by MetalDog, April 17, 2015, 05:53:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Huw the Poo

I'm...not entirely sure how this came about but...I started playing World of Warcraft.  :idiot2:

Toonces

Whelp I'm confined to the house for most of the day, and my shoulders are wrecked from way too much time in the water, so it's time for some SCOURGE OF WAR BABY!!11!!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

bob48

#47
Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 18, 2015, 01:54:27 PM
I'm...not entirely sure how this came about but...I started playing World of Warcraft.  :idiot2:

Daft bugger  :idiot2:

However.....if you go on to a server called 'The Venture Co' and look for a Guild called 'Outland Raiders', you will find you-know-who!
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Huw the Poo

Cheers Bob!  I've already started a character on a different server but my next character shall be on that one. O0

panzerde

Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 18, 2015, 05:51:23 PM
Cheers Bob!  I've already started a character on a different server but my next character shall be on that one. O0


If it wasn't for the TZ difference, I could be tempted to resurrect my toons.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Huw the Poo

Quote from: panzerde on April 18, 2015, 05:54:36 PM
If it wasn't for the TZ difference, I could be tempted to resurrect my toons.

Yeah, that damnable timezone difference has put a dampener on many a would-be virtual gathering over the ages.  Damn shame. :(

Bison

Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 18, 2015, 06:23:45 PM
Quote from: panzerde on April 18, 2015, 05:54:36 PM
If it wasn't for the TZ difference, I could be tempted to resurrect my toons.

Yeah, that damnable timezone difference has put a dampener on many a would-be virtual gathering over the ages.  Damn shame. :(

I think Huw should accommodate you and either get up really early or stay up really late to play.

panzerde

Quote from: Bison on April 18, 2015, 06:49:14 PM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 18, 2015, 06:23:45 PM
Yeah, that damnable timezone difference has put a dampener on many a would-be virtual gathering over the ages.  Damn shame. :(

I think Huw should accommodate you and either get up really early or stay up really late to play.

It does seem only fair, doesn't it? When I actively played I ran on a West Coast server. I've done my time. I've also heard that Welshmen are nocturnal, so there's that.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

MetalDog

You have to do what he says, Huw.  Because..............his avatar....................................
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Huw the Poo


Bison

No.  This is why humans, particularly the gamer variety, developed a strong reliance on caffeine.

bob48

Quote from: panzerde on April 18, 2015, 05:54:36 PM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 18, 2015, 05:51:23 PM
Cheers Bob!  I've already started a character on a different server but my next character shall be on that one. O0


If it wasn't for the TZ difference, I could be tempted to resurrect my toons.

It can still be done. We had a friend in Oz who wanted to play, so we brought him a EU copy of the game and he was able to get on with us ok - apart from the 12 hour time difference. We also have a guild member in Holland who is moving back to the USA in a few weeks and she will be still able to log on using the EU server that she has the game installed on.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Bison

Pillars of Eternity and AOW III for me this weekend.  Pretty happy with them and even more happy with my decision to abandon Stardrive 2. 

undercovergeek

Ashamed of its presence on my hard drive and it been criminally underused i had another go at Arma III King of the Hill - the first 5 spawns were pretty similar - wait for a chopper, get in, parachute out, get shot on way down/land on roof and get shot by a tank/land on tank and get shot by crew - so i thought, what would i do if this was real life?

For a start off i wouldnt go helicoptering in with all the other kids who think its fancy COD, and i definitely wouldnt get in a transport truck and drive to the target ON THE MAIN ROADS COVERED BY HALF THE ENEMY TEAM (well, not again anyway!)

So i jumped out of the chopper a bit earlier and took a left hook round the 'straight to the action' line and lo and behold im a creeping, stalking, enemy shooting, stealthy mofo - got four kills, got seen by a sniper so i left the building knowing the windows were been watched and headed out of the back, WOOOOAAAHHH, oh no its ok hes on my side, BRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAPPPP, except the silly c*** didnt know i was on his side, team killed at the height of my badness!!!

enjoyed it, will try again later, it is fancy COD, but you have to play it properly!

Huw the Poo

Jesus christ.  If WoW launched today it would get laughed at, and rightly so.  Its mechanics are bloody ancient compared to modern MMOs.  I'm having a particularly boring time of things and don't know if I'm going to continue.  I'm only level 10 at the moment which isn't far enough in to judge any MMO, but goddamn, when an MMO launches these days and has a boring starter area it gets (rightly) panned, but WoW's is sending me to sleep.

My "rotation" thus far has been precisely one spell.  This is how I've fought in WoW so far: press 1.  Press 1.  Press 1.  Choose another target.  Press 1.  Press 1.  Press 1.

It's utter bollocks.