Grogheads Spring Fling Boxing Tournament

Started by PanzersEast, April 20, 2015, 09:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

WallysWorld

A TKO by "The Weasel" in the ninth round. Was behind going into that round, but my fighter cranked it up.

Thanks for running this as it's fun to read.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Zonso

I had forgotten about this! It looks like the battle between Morales and Beefcake was seesawing back and forth from the commentary but the punch stats are pretty lopsided. Yes fun reading and thanks for doing this.

WYBaugh

Humbug!  Humbug!

This is very cool...thanks for posting and having the detail links.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: WallysWorld on April 22, 2015, 04:40:49 PM
A TKO by "The Weasel" in the ninth round. Was behind going into that round, but my fighter cranked it up.

Thanks for running this as it's fun to read.

Curse your fighter and his obvious use of sorcery!  ;D

Double Deuce


WallysWorld

#20
The Weasel's eye was bothering him too much so he decided to end the fight right then and now.

"Points? I don't need no stinking points!"


2:04    Wackaviski's left eye is turning ugly as the swelling under it worsens.    0:28
2:16    Wally Wackaviski works himself free. Now the fighters move back to ring center.    0:28
2:33    * Mason hits the deck after a huge uppercut and he looks hurt.    0:28
2:36    Wackaviski is ushered to a neutral corner by Morton and the count begins..

Actually in round 11, both fighters were hammering each other pretty good.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

PanzersEast

Round 2 is up and looks like the Champ went down, however he has been there before. 


PE

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

BanzaiCat

I hope McGlynn gets a piece of Iron Mike!  :2funny:

magnus

 Your using TKO 2.5 to simulate this, correct?

PanzersEast

Quote from: magnus on April 23, 2015, 06:08:09 PM
Your using TKO 2.5 to simulate this, correct?


yep.  Title Bout Championship Boxing 2.5


PE

magnus

#26
I am probably the only other Grog in the tournament that has it let alone plays it a lot.

I figured with that knowledge I would be unbeatable in making up a fighter.

I have been beaten in the first and second fights both times using different stats. Probably by guys who just picked #s.

What are the odds on this I wonder?

I will say the commentary that was on " toothless Ivan's " first losing bout was probably the best I have ever seen in the game.

Did you use to play the boardgame that I believe the PC game came from? I think it was just " title bout ". I used to love to play " ringside seat " on the Commodore 64 I believe.

PanzersEast

Quote from: magnus on April 23, 2015, 06:32:24 PM
I am probably the only other Grog in the tournament that has it let alone plays it a lot.

I figured with that knowledge I would be unbeatable in making up a fighter.

I have been beaten in the first and second fights both times using different stats. Probably by guys who just picked #s.

What are the odds on this I wonder?

I will say the commentary that was on " toothless Ivan's " first losing bout was probably the best I have ever seen in the game.

Did you use to play the boardgame that I believe the PC game came from? I think it was just " title bout ". I used to love to play " ringside seat " on the Commodore 64 I believe.


You got me on that one.  I have seen so many different results that appear to be consistent at times and then others not.   I did not play the board game but as a kid I remember Ringside Seat, although I was way too young to really appreciate the game!

http://www.gb64.com/game.php?id=12178


PE

reapagan

When asked about comments that insinuate his success as a boxer was a matter of random chance Ivan Mannanov's response was, "it is but a trifle...".


FlickJax

Quote from: WallysWorld on April 23, 2015, 12:12:59 PM
The Weasel's eye was bothering him too much so he decided to end the fight right then and now.

"Points? I don't need no stinking points!"


2:04    Wackaviski's left eye is turning ugly as the swelling under it worsens.    0:28
2:16    Wally Wackaviski works himself free. Now the fighters move back to ring center.    0:28
2:33    * Mason hits the deck after a huge uppercut and he looks hurt.    0:28
2:36    Wackaviski is ushered to a neutral corner by Morton and the count begins..

Actually in round 11, both fighters were hammering each other pretty good.

Was a great fight, got caught by a sucker punch when on top ;)