GOG's new client Galaxy enters public beta

Started by Huw the Poo, May 05, 2015, 10:50:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

BanzaiCat

No biggie.

I actually counted 25 games in my GOG account. I don't know how the hell I undercounted my stash by 50%.  :-[

Staggerwing

Looks like they 'unbundled' some of the titles, separating things like MMO 1 from MOO 2 and 3, even if bought together. That brings my GOG stash to 85 titles, of which I have yet to play most.

I guess calling game hoarding 'the Steam Sickness' isn't really fair to Steam anymore...  :-\
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bbmike

Quote from: Staggerwing on May 06, 2015, 05:45:24 PM
Looks like they 'unbundled' some of the titles, separating things like MMO 1 from MOO 2 and 3, even if bought together. That brings my GOG stash to 85 titles, of which I have yet to play most.

I guess calling game hoarding 'the Steam Sickness' isn't really fair to Steam anymore...  :-\

True, my GOG stash says 138 titles. I'm hoarding.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

Dear Fat Baby Jeebus. I'm a rank amateur compared to you cat ladies.

Arctic Blast

Well, I ended up getting a free download copy of Witcher 3 with my (soon to arrive) GTX 970, so I'll be trying out Galaxy when it comes time to download that monstrosity from GOG.

Tpek

Quote from: Arctic Blast on May 06, 2015, 10:36:51 PM
Well, I ended up getting a free download copy of Witcher 3 with my (soon to arrive) GTX 970, so I'll be trying out Galaxy when it comes time to download that monstrosity from GOG.

How come when I purchase a brand new GPU all I get is some crappy benchmark software and sometimes some racist/racing/whatever game...
And yet nearly anyone else who purchases even an older GPU these days gets a free copy of Witcher 3???  :'(

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Arctic Blast on May 06, 2015, 10:36:51 PM
Well, I ended up getting a free download copy of Witcher 3 with my (soon to arrive) GTX 970, so I'll be trying out Galaxy when it comes time to download that monstrosity from GOG.

i almost bought the Nvidia GTX970 that came with this deal, but I ended up getting the EVGA one which was about $60 cheaper, so I figured it balanced out.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


BanzaiCat

I received an email from GOG yesterday asking me to join, so I clicked to sign up. It told me they were approving requests in 'batches' and it might be some time before I get instructions to download.

This morning I received another email with said instructions to download. Installed and looks like everything in my (small) library is there. I'd already installed most of them in a separate folder because you have to, of course, download directly from their site to do so first, but this is like Steam apparently where you can install through Galaxy. So I guess I need to uninstall and delete that folder first. I'll get to it sooner or later.

Nefaro

Quote from: Tpek on May 07, 2015, 08:46:38 AM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on May 06, 2015, 10:36:51 PM
Well, I ended up getting a free download copy of Witcher 3 with my (soon to arrive) GTX 970, so I'll be trying out Galaxy when it comes time to download that monstrosity from GOG.

How come when I purchase a brand new GPU all I get is some crappy benchmark software and sometimes some racist/racing/whatever game...
And yet nearly anyone else who purchases even an older GPU these days gets a free copy of Witcher 3???  :'(


I got a code for a free copy of a recent Batman/Arkham game when I bought my latest GPU. 

But when I entered my code, it didn't give me shit.  So I had to pester Nvidia customer service to get it fixed, which they eventually did after I had to scan a pic of my code voucher and email it to them. 

I then ended up playing for the game for about five minutes and giving up due to console port sickness.  :-\

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Tpek on May 07, 2015, 08:46:38 AM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on May 06, 2015, 10:36:51 PM
Well, I ended up getting a free download copy of Witcher 3 with my (soon to arrive) GTX 970, so I'll be trying out Galaxy when it comes time to download that monstrosity from GOG.

How come when I purchase a brand new GPU all I get is some crappy benchmark software and sometimes some racist/racing/whatever game...
And yet nearly anyone else who purchases even an older GPU these days gets a free copy of Witcher 3???  :'(

You're clearly not buying the right cards.  :)

Tpek

Quote from: Arctic Blast on May 07, 2015, 09:28:20 PM
Quote from: Tpek on May 07, 2015, 08:46:38 AM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on May 06, 2015, 10:36:51 PM
Well, I ended up getting a free download copy of Witcher 3 with my (soon to arrive) GTX 970, so I'll be trying out Galaxy when it comes time to download that monstrosity from GOG.

How come when I purchase a brand new GPU all I get is some crappy benchmark software and sometimes some racist/racing/whatever game...
And yet nearly anyone else who purchases even an older GPU these days gets a free copy of Witcher 3???  :'(

You're clearly not buying the right cards.  :)

Last I bought was Geforce Titan Black.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Tpek on May 08, 2015, 06:30:05 AM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on May 07, 2015, 09:28:20 PM
Quote from: Tpek on May 07, 2015, 08:46:38 AM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on May 06, 2015, 10:36:51 PM
Well, I ended up getting a free download copy of Witcher 3 with my (soon to arrive) GTX 970, so I'll be trying out Galaxy when it comes time to download that monstrosity from GOG.

How come when I purchase a brand new GPU all I get is some crappy benchmark software and sometimes some racist/racing/whatever game...
And yet nearly anyone else who purchases even an older GPU th ese days gets a free copy of Witcher 3???  :'(

You're clearly not buying the right cards.  :)

Last I bought was Geforce Titan Black.

Hmmm...well then, looks like you're not buying the right brand?  ???

RooksBailey

Just a heads up:

Look out for PUPs claiming to be GOG Galaxy Client

QuoteIn less than 30 hours after Good Old Games (GOG) announced that its fully optional client, GOG Galaxy, has entered the open beta stage, we have already seen some posts online of download locations for the client outside the GOG.com domain.

We can only ask you, dear Gamer, to exercise caution when visiting and downloading from such sites as they might be serving a file you don't want installed on your system.
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

BanzaiCat

Haven't had issues with mine thank goodness...went directly through their site to grab Galaxy. Even bought a couple of games through it. I like the GUI for Galaxy better than Steam's.

Martok

Okay, curiosity is getting the better of me.  Downloading now! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces