Main Menu

Then the FRIDAY comes

Started by MetalDog, May 08, 2015, 06:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

So far I've clicked on and stared in amazement at the oob for the cmano scenario - I'll get stuck in later

Some PBEM turns

And watched churchills funeral on tv - what a moving and emotional spectacle that was

Blucher

Quote from: panzerde on May 08, 2015, 09:10:16 PM
Quote from: Blucher on May 08, 2015, 10:40:34 AM
War Plan Orange PBEM
France '14 PBEM
WITE vs A.I.

Maybe try to figure out SSG's Korsun Pocket again


How is War Plan Orange?  I've always been tempted by the subject matter...


As for me, it'll be some CMBS PBEM and it sounds like Jim will be sending me some Liepzig turns. If I can get sufficiently recharged to want to play something solo I'm not quite sure what that will be. I might have to dig through some neglected games that I haven't given much time to lately like Flashpoint Campaigns or Steam and Iron.

War Plan Orange has a lot less micromanagement then WITP AE.  I can bang out turns in half hour or less. It's an interesting game in that you have to use cruisers, destroyers and subs to scout because planes in this era are almost useless.  Find his fleet and then have a Pacific "Jutland" battle. It's cool because in the 1922 scenario you have Pre-Dreadnoughts and Battleships, Battlecruisers. So if your into naval history you will see a lot of early 20th century late 19th century ships in the OOB.  If your going to play it go PBEM the AI is not very good.

Gusington

Where did you watch Churchill's funeral UCG? I've never seen it.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

just a documentary on BBC 1 it was 50 years in Jan, im assuming it was a repeat and a filler this morning

Boggit

I got no gaming in on Friday, but today have done my turns for 3 Field of Glory games, 1 for Commander Great War, and 1 for SB First World War - where Jim (Cyrano) already has me by the balls and it's only turn 1! It's the bad terrain I tell ya! ;)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Toonces

Quote from: bob48 on May 09, 2015, 06:14:09 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Leipzig

::)

Yes, I'm familiar with the battle.  Are we talking about a PC game or boardgame?  I suppose I could just Google it, but what's the fun in that, eh Gus?
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

W8taminute

Sir Slash that was a very moving tribute to your mom.  She must have been proud to have a son like you and I'm sure she still is looking down from heaven at you.   O0
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

panzerde

Quote from: Toonces on May 09, 2015, 02:14:46 PM
Quote from: Toonces on May 08, 2015, 10:46:49 PM
Ok, what is Liepzig?

Ok, got it.  See, that wasn't so hard!

http://www.johntillersoftware.com/NapoleonicBattles/CampaignLeipzig.html

Yes -  that's the game. Jim and I have been doing a two-sided AAR of our fight for Lowenberg for the mythical other portions of the GH site: http://grogheads.com/?p=6596

The next bit should be going up shortly. We're about to go at it hammer and tongs.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Gusington

^Careful, you'll put your eye out!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

panzerde

Quote from: Gusington on May 09, 2015, 03:16:02 PM
^Careful, you'll put your eye out!


I think we're ok as long as there's no running.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Gusington

Oh there will be running...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Arctic Blast

As Wolfenstein : The Old Blood downloads, I'm felling time with Assassin's Creed Chronicles China. I'll be breaking out Medina and Murano on the table quite soon, though.

And with the shiny new graphics card installed, I hear the beckoning call of GTA V. Once payment for my last freelance job hits...