Happy Syttende Mai FRIDAY!!

Started by Martok, May 14, 2015, 03:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bison

^ I actually judged updated my France 14 last night and want to spend some time this weekend playing it.

Anguille

Really like Huey Lewis and the News....haven't been listening to them lately but have all their records and had many periods of my life where it was the only music i was listening to.

It's been almost a month without gaming for me....i just played a couple of turns of Civ IV but that was all....

Played a few turns of Pandora tonight (and finding out first why i couldn't make it work...Norton). Still....have to find the game that will bring me back behind my desktop.  :(

MetalDog

Quote from: bbmike on May 15, 2015, 07:45:38 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on May 14, 2015, 07:50:14 PM
Quote from: bbmike on May 14, 2015, 03:14:03 PM
Well, you didn't put a music video in so I'm happy!


You wound me, sir!  For that, it will be a double shot of Huey Lewis & the News!!

Ok, I didn't deserve that.  ;D

Apparently, only you and I think hearing Huey Lewis is a bad thing ;)  So, as I won't stop putting music in for the Friday threads I start, what do you prefer to listen to?  As I hope I have proven, I like a lot of different stuff (ok, some Huey Lewis, too :P), so I am open to suggestions.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bbmike

#48
Well, you'll probably think it's as bad as Huey Lewis but I love Alan Parsons. He even has a song called "Games People Play"!  :)

[edit] I should mention my taste in music is strange at best and all across the board.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

MetalDog

You're going to have to do better than that.  You do realize my avatar is Frank Zappa, right?  ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Tuna

Ugh, I need to find a Forum that's into real Music!.. The 60's and 70's!!  :crazy2:

bbmike

Zappa debuted in 1966 and Parsons in 1976.  :coolsmiley:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

MetalDog

Quote from: Tuna on May 15, 2015, 07:54:16 PM
Ugh, I need to find a Forum that's into real Music!.. The 60's and 70's!!  :crazy2:

So, will it be the Dead or Little Feat for next Friday's thread?



And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

OJsDad

When playing Victoria, I like to listen to Les Miserables.  Come to think of it, Ill have to fire it up for my EU IV game also.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

All for you MD  :D :D :D :D :D

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Tuna

Quote from: MetalDog on May 15, 2015, 08:07:46 PM
Quote from: Tuna on May 15, 2015, 07:54:16 PM
Ugh, I need to find a Forum that's into real Music!.. The 60's and 70's!!  :crazy2:

So, will it be the Dead or Little Feat for next Friday's thread?

Yay!  :2funny:

Sir Slash

How about some Brazillian Women's Soapy Soccer music next week? ^-^
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mikeck

Do we need to start a Huey Lewis thread?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

W8taminute

We should indeed start another thread based on the 70s.  And we should call it...

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk