Happy Syttende Mai FRIDAY!!

Started by Martok, May 14, 2015, 03:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Martok

(Yeah, I know, I'm starting this a full day early.  However, I'm likely going to be mostly offline after this til Monday evening, so you can all suck it. :P )


I won't get much gaming done during the actual weekend here, as I'll be off on my annual trek to my mom's hometown of Spring Grove, Minnesota...where just about everyone is of Norwegian heritage, and thus Syttende Mai (literally, "May Seventeenth") is their big yearly celebration.  In addition to the usual -- watching the parade, checking out the various stands, shops, and (especially!) food -- I'll also get to see a good number friends & relatives in the area, including an aunt & uncle who are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary.  And as always, I'll pay a visit to the family matriarch, my Grandma Rosalie, who's still kicking at 104; I am simply amazed by this woman (and not because of her age).  :smitten: 


Anyway:  Gaming-wise, I might actually get to sit down and play some good old 3.5 Dungeons & Dragons with a couple friends on Sunday, which would be a nice change of pace.  I might be playing a Dwarven sorcerer, of all things... 

When I get back on Monday, the plan right now is to resume my Cardassian campaign in Birth of the Federation (Ultimate Mod 5), my Athenian campaign in Rome II: Wrath of Sparta (although holy crap, it's tough going!), and start a new campaign in Sovereignty (I really want to play around with the Auzure Isles - the pirate nation). 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bbmike

Well, you didn't put a music video in so I'm happy!
GalCiv3 for certain. Maybe some Apollo4x.

Enjoy the time with your friends and family Martok!  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Bison


Cyrano

I cannot decide whether Bison must be punished or must have his video elevated to some kind of symbol of the Internet...

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

bbmike

Hmm, is that 80's New Wave? I seem to recall the band driftwood in the aquarium but not the song FINDING CURING AND ADDING.  ::)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Nefaro

More casual ARPG with Marvel Heroes, if the digital gaming mood strikes.

May also start up a new Invisible, Inc. campaign in the next few days.  :)


Lots of tabletop games in line to be learned, the top of the pile being: a Super Dungeon Explore: Forgotten King solitaire bout, Star Wars Imperial Assault, Prophecy + Dragon Realms solitaire, Merchants & Marauders + expansion, and organizing all my Federation Commander components into a huge D-ring binder and Plano box before making a solo test run (perhaps with the official automated opponent in the future).  Whew.  That's just the tip.  ^-^

JasonPratt

I probably won't post my in-work 1st Bull Run AAR until I've, you know, actually finished the battle; but I hope I can make some progress on that this weekend. Starting tonight! (But not tomorrow night, my last close cousin, and practice-niece, graduates high school then.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

I love Martok's style in his OP :)

I will be continuing my Wolfenstein: The Old Blood campaign (it's great) and hopefully some Order of Battle - Pacific soon. Grim Dawn has been beckoning for the last few days too.

And still tempted to get the Rome 2 - Wrath of Sparta campaign.

Oh and a Rome 2 campaign as Macedon is lurking also. Or Persia.

Not sure yet.

:)
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Apocalypse 31

#8
Quote from: Gusington on May 14, 2015, 06:20:48 PM
I love Martok's style in his OP :)

I will be continuing my Wolfenstein: The Old Blood campaign (it's great) and hopefully some Order of Battle - Pacific soon. Grim Dawn has been beckoning for the last few days too.

And still tempted to get the Rome 2 - Wrath of Sparta campaign.

Oh and a Rome 2 campaign as Macedon is lurking also. Or Persia.

Not sure yet.

:)

I may purchase Old Blood. I thought the latest Wolfenstein was awesome - the only thing that would add icing on that cake is some cooperative multiplayer.

I will continue my struggle against the jungles and Japanese pillboxes bugs that plague Order of Battle: Pacific in order to finish the US campaign.

My initial impression of the game was poor, and I'd like to say its improving, but unfortunately it's not. There just seems to be lots of bugs - gamebreaking bugs that require cheats in order to win (http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=372&t=64395).

The biggest challenge within OOBP is not the tactics, but the mass employment of enemy units. I have found that I'm overmatched in every scenario. On the other hand, I will say the combined land-sea battles in the later part of the US campaign are much more fun than the earlier defense, and naval only. At least with these missions I have some latitude in how I want to employ units and fight.

BanzaiCat

Finally got back to doing some more of the BotF AAR for the mythical front page. FINALLY FOUND ALIENS!

Gusington

I haven't noticed any updates on Steam lately for my copy of Order of Battle to address any bugs...it doesn't sound like they are game-breaking or anything though.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Apocalypse 31

Quote from: Gusington on May 14, 2015, 07:30:55 PM
I haven't noticed any updates on Steam lately for my copy of Order of Battle to address any bugs...it doesn't sound like they are game-breaking or anything though.

Multiple scenarios with buggy victory conditions. For example, on the US Midway scenario you will lose regardless if you achieve both victory conditions.

The developers have said that a patch is in the works, but I havent seen a timeline.

MetalDog

Quote from: bbmike on May 14, 2015, 03:14:03 PM
Well, you didn't put a music video in so I'm happy!


You wound me, sir!  For that, it will be a double shot of Huey Lewis & the News!!







And whilst all of you are cursing me mightily for this, I will be playing some Civ.  I might get some Sovereignty in or maybe Age of Wonders III.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

I think right at launch for Order of Battle a few weeks ago there was an update but nothing since then.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Quote from: Cyrano on May 14, 2015, 04:03:25 PM
I cannot decide whether Bison must be punished or must have his video elevated to some kind of symbol of the Internet...

6 week old twins causes the brain to melt...