"This is the Chinese navy ... You go!"

Started by mirth, May 21, 2015, 03:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Gusington on February 27, 2018, 10:58:23 PM
If the fight was Japan vs. China, right now, without US help...Japan would have a hard time. Hell it wasn't a cake walk for them in WWII either, when they lost.

ummm... but they didnt lose to China.   :arr:
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on February 28, 2018, 07:51:26 AM
They didn't beat them either.

To be fair, they were pretty distracted eventually with their other conquest plans.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on February 27, 2018, 10:58:23 PM
If the fight was Japan vs. China, right now, without US help...Japan would have a hard time.

It depends on what you mean. Can Japan invade mainland China? Hell no.

Can Japan defend itself against China or hold it's on with the PLAN in the area? Yes, it can.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

What I really wonder is if China can hold the islands it has built or would they be easily taken by a Japanese/US coalition. It would be a very close struggle.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Quote from: Gusington on March 01, 2018, 07:54:52 PM
What I really wonder is if China can hold the islands it has built or would they be easily taken by a Japanese/US coalition. It would be a very close struggle.

Those Chinese-made islands are really just super-sized sand bars. A couple of epic storms in a row could potentially erase them. Maybe a GW upside?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

We don't really need to take them. We could level them with cruise missiles and prevent any reinforcement by sea or air.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Gusington

I'm curious how intense Chinese resistance would be. Of course they talk a big game but how much of a threat are they truly? Moreso than 25 years ago but not nearly at the level of the US or even Russia yet. Another 25 years, who knows.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

They're not lacking in cannon fodder.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

Flip side of that is how much of a fight is Japan capable of...even with US partnership.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I would say China is a significant threat. I live in a town of less than 7,000 and there are 3 Chinese restaurants here.  :o    WHO is eating all that food they make? There must be more..... hidden..... close by. And.... they've already got their equipment prepositioned ahead of time sent over and stored in Wal-Mart. These guys have been thinking about this for a long time, as have I.  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Steelgrave

Quote from: Sir Slash on March 01, 2018, 11:02:11 PM
I would say China is a significant threat. I live in a town of less than 7,000 and there are 3 Chinese restaurants here.  :o    WHO is eating all that food they make? There must be more..... hidden..... close by. And.... they've already got their equipment prepositioned ahead of time sent over and stored in Wal-Mart. These guys have been thinking about this for a long time, as have I.  :coolsmiley:

I think you're on to something. I mean, I can remember when my town only had one Mexican restaurant. Now we're talking about building a damn wall!  8)